The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New-er! Poll Within]

Official ModRetro Minecraft events?

• No, shut your lady mouth

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Yeah, I would *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing love that

Votes: 38 95.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New Poll Within]

I like what I said in the server earlier, creative for me and βeta, survival for everyone else. I'll sit on top of my fortress with my golden axe and shoot lighting at you.

1262890057387_f.jpg

SS

Creative, not actually Creative Creative but SMP run Creative style. That's how I play in SP and on my own server with IRL friends. I've tried Survival, and I know I'm in the minority but I didn't like it.

βeta said:
you can't go bigger than 4x4, because otherwise you can't power the middle pistons once they're in the middle of the door. You could do it using sand and a really complex system to extend and retract 6 pistons. Dunno if that's possible, but I don't doubt it.

I've done it 12 x 12. PITA to make a reset system though.

Σigma said:
βeta said:
you can't go bigger than 4x4, because otherwise you can't power the middle pistons once they're in the middle of the door. You could do it using sand and a really complex system to extend and retract 6 pistons. Dunno if that's possible, but I don't doubt it.

I've done it 12 x 12. PITA to make a reset system though.

The size difference for wiring is immense. My 4x4 doors are getting smaller and smaller, and Almost Work!™ Seriously, no idea what's wrong with my current versions. I don't entirely understand redstone and pistons, but I do know that SMP makes both of them get all *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up.

Redstone and pistons MOSTLY worked for me on SMP, enough to get a printer and a door working. I was running the server on my own machine, so it may be a lag-based issue. Or it might have something to do with the ton of mods you guys use.

What I built yesterday, might do a video tour once I completely and totally finish it. I am in love with this building, but there'll always be a special place in my arteries for Gargantua.

ssresidence.png

SS

I gave him the idea for the triforce. I also liked the entrance better with lava, but as I recall I think Beta broke it. :p

NEW for 8/25!

* CobbleCrusher installed (you can stop harassing me about it, SS!)
* Old warp points imported

In one week. Play lots of minecraft in the meantime. And buy yourself a real account, you cheapskate.

Thank you, but eventually I will I'm just.............. Test Driving It.

Soulshock said:
Thank you, but eventually I will I'm just.............. Test Driving It.
And that is why you are banned. Learn Minecraft before you try to play with others.

Cool, when you come back on, be sure to change your skin so we know you aren't lying.

If it's really close, maybe you could compromise and have a server with give and fly enabled but monsters as well, so those who want to build can spam torches or something to keep the monsters away and those who want to play Survival still can.

If it stays tied, just put a wall dividing the land, one half is survival, the other is creative.

Back