The Legend of: Shock Slayer (Shock Slayer the Video Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Legend of: Shock Slayer (Shock Slayer the Video Game

:cry4:

Alright.

Well ThePortablizer draw the sprite. I am only responsible for the programming. Such as when the menu starts, how it does all those effects.

So I will get him to change them over for you. Nice notice though.

I am not doing everything wrong, it is just a nightmare to code in Gamemaker! It is like you do not have any control what so ever over the game. It does everything itself - such as the resources management!

What I will do is, make it into an install file and all the sprites etc will be accessed by the game directly from a folder and not VIA the executable.

Thanks for the comments :hand:

2fb96a507c95df249712dfedec3a44e3.gif

HAHAHA! That is hilarious!

But I have bad news I am afraid...

I have decided to cancel the development of it for now, until I can build it in a better Engine.

I am sick of Gamemaker, and I am over it now.

It did teach me how to code, but it is just USELESS!!!!!!

I hope to learn UNITY soon, and when I do - it will be re-started in that for you. This will also allow you to use a joystick (Playstation controller etc) and set it at your graphics setting. So ANY computer (above the technology of the 2005 ere) will handle it.

Thanks anyway...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :dahroll:

Past 2005? Too much for SS.
:trollface:

Eh, screw the proprietary, pre-packaged crap. Just get a few good tutorials online on how to make games in C++, it's not THAT hard, and you have complete control over what's happening.

you should make games using Java, thats what i do.

:dahroll:

robm said:
Eh, screw the proprietary, pre-packaged crap. Just get a few good tutorials online on how to make games in C++, it's not THAT hard, and you have complete control over what's happening.

Exactly. Glad you can see it my way :rolleyes:

Haunted360 said:
I am not doing everything wrong, it is just a nightmare to code in Gamemaker! It is like you do not have any control what so ever over the game. It does everything itself - such as the resources management!
Bullflax. If you can't control your resource management, you're doing it wrong. Coding in Gamemaker is extremely simple -- that's the whole point.

If you're having trouble in Gamemaker, I wouldn't advise trying C++.
Haunted360 said:
I hope to learn UNITY soon, and when I do - it will be re-started in that for you. This will also allow you to use a joystick (Playstation controller etc) and set it at your graphics setting. So ANY computer (above the technology of the 2005 ere) will handle it.
Gamemaker can handle input from any device you want, as long as you're not a lazy dolt. And it can handle any resolution/graphics setting, but again, this is only if you're not an idiot.

Ampersand said:
Haunted360 said:
flux. If you can't control your resource management, you're doing it wrong. Coding in Gamemaker is extremely simple -- that's the whole point.

If you're having trouble in Gamemaker, I wouldn't advise trying C++.
Haunted360 said:
Gamemaker can handle input from any device you want, as long as you're not a lazy dolt. And it can handle any resolution/graphics setting, but again, this is only if you're not an idiot.

I know it can manage resources, but that is when everything starts to become glitchy. IE: The game will crash if a resource it not found etc.

I have been using Gamemaker for 5 years buddy ;)

Yes it can handle any input, but again it will start to become slow and use more RAM as it stores EVERYTHING in it. Sprites, music, background, paths etc - all that stuff...

If you say, make a game in 1024 x 1280 with 'HD' graphics, your RAM will be full. Not only that, the game takes 5 minutes to then load because it is copying it all to it as fast as your Mainboard bus speed / RAM is. And don't tell me it is my computer, because I have 12 GB of RAM at 1200MHz and a Solid State Drive with an Intel i7 at 3.20GHz on a Gigabyte MoBo. :ninj:

Here. Try this game. I helped him with this, and it still does not run correctly. Oh, if it does not start on the load then its Gamemaker problem, not his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3oLX_u375k

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=467300

Can we please now just drop this topic?

I am wrong, and you are wrong. There. EVEN.

brunoip said:

Your games are made perfectly!

JAVA - right? haha!! Awesome work there!!!

You're obnoxious, and unintelligent.

Please, keep up your mindless dribble so we can find something worth banning you over.

Go ahead and remove me from your Forums. What on earth would make you think that I give a piece of flax form your soldering iron...

Stop hiding behind your keyboard and how about you man up and learn some manners.

GOOD GOD what on earth is that thing?

Kibble the Kitty Hulk?

hahaha

Haunted360 said:
brunoip said:

Your games are made perfectly!

JAVA - right? haha!! Awesome work there!!!

See, its not funny when you're the one being a dick, especially when bruno just gave an opinion instead of just flaming you like most everyone else. The fact of the matter is a great coder can make a great game in most anything, including Java (ie: Minecraft). Although its a completely different scenario in your case.

Haunted360 said:
learn some manners.

You mean like actually reading the rules and not bumping old ass topics with meaningless information?

If you're going to be a douche bag and insult people for no reason other than to try and make yourself look better, then kindly GTFO.

Look. I am not being a Dick. And I am not a Douche Bag. You guys are OK.

All I was trying to do was to make a game about you guys, but now I have changed my mind. You are all rude, mean, arrogant and selfish people. I kindly donated to the Mod Retro Race to 2011, but now I want my money back because I just do not want to give it to you or anyone on these forums.

ShockSlayer has been surprisingly the only nice person here, who has treated all of his members with respect. And I thank him for being like that.

I would now like to retract my account and remove it from here FOR EVER. This should make you all feel much happier, and me also.

Thanks for nothing.

Is it that time of the month already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back