The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

t1m1d

So I've been waiting for this movie ever since I heard about it last year. I'll be going to the midnight premiere with some friends this week. Super excited!
the-hobbit-poster.jpg

How about anyone else? Looking forward to the movie?

I, too, shall be attending the midnight showing of The Hobbit in 3D. I'll be going with my girlfriend to meet my lil bro and his friends there. We have been waiting for this movie since it was first announced.

I can't even put into words how stoked I am. :awesome:

My brother-in-law and I will be in line at 10pm :tophat: My wife will join us after she gets off work, and then we will all enter a magical world where the framerate looks like a soap opera but we won't care because Peter Jackson.

My friend and I are super LOTR fans and we're hopefully going to one of the Friday showings. We were planning on going to the actual midnight premiere, but he had school the next day.

I'm planning on going super-autist and dressing up as Legolas. Who's jealous of my 3 foot long man-mane now? :p

Mister Nickels said:
I'm planning on going super-autist and dressing up as Legolas. Who's jealous of my 3 foot long man-mane now? :p
That's amazing. I still have to decide who I'm going as. My original choices of Bilbo and Thorin have been taken.
Life of Brian said:
and then we will all enter a magical world where the framerate looks like a soap opera but we won't care because Peter Jackson.
EXACTLY. I kinda wanted to see a 48 fps showing but it's not available where I live.

I have midnight tickets to see it in Imax, but iunno if I'll go or not. I'm think I may wait until the second comes out and then do a marathon run of both.

Seeing it tonight with a few friends at the midnight premier, this month is probably the best movie month I've ever seen.

I loved it. I loved it better than Fellowship of The Ring. For being 3 hours long, it felt like 1 and a half or 2 hours. Thats impressive on Jackon's part.

The first hour takes its time, but I loved every second. Its a thorough movie, and you will feel like you got every piece of the pie. Plus the second 2 hours are crazy. Lotsa crazy stuff happens.

I saw it in 24fps. Don't see the 48fps unless you are curious about high tech video quality. Set pieces look flaxty in 48 apparently. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to this sort of thing.

Tchay said:
I loved it. I loved it better than Fellowship of The Ring. For being 3 hours long, it felt like 1 and a half or 2 hours. Thats impressive on Jackon's part.

The first hour takes its time, but I loved every second. Its a thorough movie, and you will feel like you got every piece of the pie. Plus the second 2 hours are crazy. Lotsa crazy stuff happens.

I saw it in 24fps. Don't see the 48fps unless you are curious about high tech video quality. Set pieces look flaxty in 48 apparently. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to this sort of thing.

Radagast was nothing like I imagined. But Peter Jackson definitely did a great job. There were no conflicts with the book. Epic movie and they added a lot of extra story. I'll be coming back for The Desolation of Smaug.

The porcupine doesn't die.

I personally liked Radagast, but they made him a bit too insane, imo. Apparently being a druid means eating every mushroom in the forest?

Also, it totally dragged on for me, but not in a negative way. I was just hella tired, but I enjoyed every minute that I was completely awake for.

nterror said:
I personally liked Radagast, but they made him a bit too insane, imo. Apparently being a druid means eating every mushroom in the forest?
Yeah. It dragged on a bit in a few spots, but I was still surprised when the story ended.

48fps is just too weird. It looks like it stutters all over the place! I wanna go back and see it again in proper 24fps, not this silent movie/British sitcom/soap opera mode.

I haven't seen the movie but I can well imagine that 48fps is actually just horrible.

I might watch it.. might.

This was a great movie. It felt like it was maybe 1 hour long and I was still so ready to see more.

When Smaug opened his eye at the end and then it said "Directed by Peter Jackson" I actually threw my hands up and went "Really?" I thought there was still so much more to go.

D.J said:
This was a great movie. It felt like it was maybe 1 hour long and I was still so ready to see more.

When Smaug opened his eye at the end and then it said "Directed by Peter Jackson" I actually threw my hands up and went "Really?" I thought there was still so much more to go.
I almost did the same thing. Great movie but I wished more of the story would have been covered

Back