techknott's 3rd Dreamcast Portable

techknott

Still needs a bit of a clean and sand in places. But here is my latest iteration.

4500mah batts @ 7.4v
PSone lcd with original backlight
Original DC control pad and triggers
2 external player ports and multi-av out for playing on big screen
Built in and removable VMU's
SD card slot on bottom wired to DC serial port
CNC cut acrylic case and mdf walls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-N_NYXux8A

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

That is an excellent disk drive solution. I love that you took the time to make a good cover. (Though come to think of it, I think all your systems have protected disk drives. The fact that you kept the original backlight is also a major plus, no LED mod ever compares to the original backlight.

In that third pic though, what's that opening with the pins showing? It looks kind of like spots for jumpers.

zeturi said:
That is an excellent disk drive solution. I love that you took the time to make a good cover. (Though come to think of it, I think all your systems have protected disk drives. The fact that you kept the original backlight is also a major plus, no LED mod ever compares to the original backlight.

In that third pic though, what's that opening with the pins showing? It looks kind of like spots for jumpers.

It's to turn off the internal controller. I know you only need to disable a data line, But it was the only switch I had at the time, so just wired up all 4.

Oh, okay. Cool! Please, pleasepleaseplease make a ps2 portable next. I cannot begin to imagine how cool it would be.

Beautiful work! I especially love the faceplate and disc drive cover. So clean-looking!

Back