Smilies Evaluation Poll

How are you guys liking the new smilies so far?

• Keep the new ones!

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Bring out the old ones!

Votes: 15 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bibin

Frequent Poster
So I just got off the phone with Palmer, and we had discussed how everyone's feelings on the new smilies are very divided. While we did have a democratic vote, we feel that a lot of people may have not had a chance to vote or may not have even been aware that there was a vote at all (myself included). Therefore, we came up with this poll. The poll will end in 5 days.

No matter which option is picked, all the smilies will be kept. If the old ones are restored, the new ones will still be reachable, just in the "View more smilies" pane.

I'd like to mention something too: you can still type out the old smilies, I changed the tags to make this possible, so
Code:
:D
becomes :D, and
Code:
:lol:
becomes :lol: and so forth.

SS

Old ones. NAO. At least we're winning this vote, I think the last time it was stacked. :mrgreen:

We will be keeping them all. This is just a poll to see which ones are given priority, if I understand correctly.

Yoshilime M.R. said:
There should be a keep all... :neutral: :neutral2:
they all get kept either way. its just wether they are on the new post page or the "moar smilies" popup. :wink2:

The New ones look more like me...

Hold on...

YOU GOT RID OF THE AFRO SMILEY!!!

BLASPHEMY!!!

ShockSlayer said:
I removed them for a reason. ;) Don't worry, Its a good reason! You'll be happy I did.

SS

... I had better be...

IF I AM NOT I WILL GO START A NEW FORUM BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH THE MODS HERE!!!

:wink3: Just Messin with you guys.

Maybe we can put back some old removed smilies if we bring back the other old ones :D

I think it's because in the last one there was a third option of, "don't care either way" and now the people who voted that voted no now.

bacteria said:
Interesting how when a democratic vote is finished, and the minority who didn't like the outcome then post another democratic vote to overturn one already decided, in the hope it goes their way! Think about it! How can a second vote be considered valid if the first one wasn't? If this second vote loses again will there be a third vote? A fourth? I voted "yes", although not for the reason of the vote; (smilies aren't exactly that important in the scheme of things): I voted "yes" on this vote as on principle I couldn't have voted "no" anyway whatever the motion was about, for the reason mentioned in the first line of this paragraph. That's my principles though.

Did anyone say the second was invalid? I talked with Palmer on the phone about this, and he says that it makes sense to hold a vote seeing how people are liking them so far, not just a re-vote.

I'm fairly sure the current poll standings represent it's appropriateness anyway. For the assholes complaining about the lack of a "I don't care" vote, if you don't care, then just don't vote!

I think you misread my post, I just said that the I don't care people from the last one voted no on this one, now that there isn't a third option. I want the old smilies back.

Old smilies! :wtf: :!2 :( :idea2 :oops: :rolleyes: :) :o :twisted: ;) :> :D :confused: :cool: :cry: :eek: :cool2: :cry2: :evil2: :!2: :idea2: :lol: :mad: :neutral2: :confused:2: :p :arrow:

What???!?! I clicked on a old smily and a new one shows up?!?!?

J.D said:
Old smilies! :wtf: :!2 :( :idea2 :oops: :rolleyes: :) :o :twisted: ;) :> :D :confused: :cool: :cry: :eek: :cool2: :cry2: :evil2: :!2: :idea2: :lol: :mad: :neutral2: :confused:2: :p :arrow:

What???!?! I clicked on a old smily and a new one shows up?!?!?
Don't forget the ones that Beta made, those are AWESOME!

Back