Share your Virtual Masterpieces

grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
XCVG said:
ßeta said:
FANTASTIC CONTRAPTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Do you have an account? I have the iPhone version. BEST GAME EVER.

I have an account, I got it so I could save my contraptions.
that program looks a lot like phun. :awesome: is it as awesome?
I have phun! and that game is also fun. Much easier to get things to do what you want than with phun, I think. Its more of a game than a sandbox
wowza! you and i are very similar! lets get married! :prays:

and i'll look into fantastic contraption!

I do believe Bacteria (IIRC) and myself ought to be the only ones 'round here with wives.

Le's keep it that way.

jleemero said:
I do believe Bacteria (IIRC) and myself ought to be the only ones 'round here with wives.

Le's keep it that way.
i wouldnt have a wife. neither would he! :pervert:

and i thought you you to young. or do you live in alabama?

samjc3 said:
grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
XCVG said:
ßeta said:

I have phun! and that game is also fun. Much easier to get things to do what you want than with phun, I think. Its more of a game than a sandbox

besides the fact that I like the ladies, I believe there are laws dictating what is appropriate behavior between adults and minors.

grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
XCVG said:
ßeta said:

besides the fact that I like the ladies, I believe there are laws dictating what is appropriate behavior between adults and minors.
this is true for me as well. oh well. forgot my morals there for a second! :mrgreen:

I was surprised to find that with the right launch options, I could run Gmod 9 well enough to make stuff - so I decided to make this little scene of Dr. Kleiner and his beloved pet headcrab. (Yes, I know everything looks horrendous, but let's see you try to run anything on my laptop at anything higher than DX8!)

Click here, it's too large to post.

I had uploaded this image before Imageshack got hacked, but it seems to be working now.

samjc3 said:
grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
XCVG said:
ßeta said:

this is true for me as well. oh well. forgot my morals there for a second! :mrgreen:

You guys have no idea what a lady is do you? :p

Anyways, now that I've added to the fire, STAY ON MCTOPIC LOLOLLOL NAZI MOD POWA GOET!

SS

You're actually quite good at posing. I can't pose worth spit.

Anyway, I built a sub in Gmod. That dives. And surfaces. And moves around. And has a torpedo tube (Gcombat).

sub1.JPG

Nice 3/4 view. It kinda reminds me of a Trafalgar class boat.
sub2.JPG

Dived and manuvering. It's too fast to be realistic, not ridiculously fast, just fast enough to be odd.
sub3.JPG

The interior is very spartan, just a pod, an RT screen, a wire screen, and some wired stuff.

The sub moves with thrusters. The dive planes, rudders, and propellers don't move; they are welded. The boat can dive statically or dynamically. A single thruster forces the boat up or down. Two wire weights- 1 bow, 1 aft- make up the static dive system. You can increase or decrease the weight with numpad keys. The "ballast" screen shows the weight of one of the weights. Neutral buoyancy is about 225. In the third pic you can see some of the 5 or so chips I used to make the system work (I'm no good with expression gates). There are two RT cameras that let you see outside of the sub- one on the periscope, one on the very front of the boat. There is one Gcombat torpedo tube added after I took most of the pictures. The sub was made to float with Physical Properties (wood) and the weight STool, and stabilized with Keep Upright. It uses Spacebuild Model Pack models for the main hull and some PHX and normal props. If anyone is interested I can post an advdupe file.

sub4.JPG

XCVG said:
You're actually quite good at posing. I can't pose worth spit.

Well, thanks! It's about all I can do worth a crap, though, partly because it doesn't run very fast on my computer. Plus I somehow managed to make one of the tables in the "BFFs" picture explode and kill me, leaving my corpse right in the way with no way to move it. I had to restart the whole damned thing since I hadn't saved it yet. Eli was a pain the behind to pose, too, since he kept rotating and wouldn't say in position!

Your work is quite impressive, too, you know. I especially like the submarine!

Started working on a space station. Went from a small little project to pretty ambitious. Went from no nonfunctional props to a few nonfunctional props to a full detailed interior. So far I am nowhere near done.
xtsoverall.JPG

Overall view. It's made from SpaceBuild Model Pack (SBMP) SmallBridge parts. There's a docking clamp (SENT, if you don't know what that means don't worry about it), hanger (SENT), hub (nice big 3-story area), 2 smallish rooms, and a crew/life support area. The hangar is for docking obviously, the hub will have a cafe and that kind of stuff. The wedge-shaped room is a bathroom, haven't decided on the other small room (probably going to be a private room). The crew area is what I've been working on the most. All the compartments are separated from the hub with blast door SENTS (came with SBMP).
xtsbathroom.JPG

Bathroom. Basic toilet, sink. The tub has a little showerhead above it, it's a popcan and I'm not happy with it. There was originally a water heater here, but I moved it to the crew area.
xtscrewarea1.JPG

View of the crew area as you step in. It's got a laundry area, control station, little kitchen, living area, and plenty of storage. It was originally supposed to be ultramodern but it's gradually turned into a junkier station because of the props availible. Oh well, I like it better this way. Life support will go in here too (like this laggy pig will ever go into space).
xtscrewarea2.JPG

From the other side. Some things are more visible from this side, like the bunk beds.
xtscrewarea3.JPG

Laundry area. The dryer is upside down, like a combo unit. I thought it would fit the "tight on space" spacey theme. Okay, it's because I found it AFTER I put in everything else. This is where I moved the water heater. Oh and there's some toothbrushes on the sink.
xtscrewarea4.JPG

The mini-kitchen. Missing fridge and sink, because they are elsewhere. You can also see the pile of computer parts and a bit of the control station. Also notice the garbage dumpster and crates. The kitchen isn't fully populated- there will be more containers and gibs/corpses in the pots (mmm headcrab, tastes more like chicken than crab).
xtscrewarea5.JPG

More storage and a partially populated shelving unit. Also a neat cart.
xtscrewarea6.JPG

I'm quite proud of this fully populated shelf. It's supposed to be maintainance and cleaning stuff. I recoloured some of the jars.
xtscrewarea7.JPG

The living area. Three bunk beds, I wonder if it's enough. Also a couch and a plasma TV, sitting on a file cabinet ("tight on space"). There's a remote on the couch.

EDIT: Glaring mistake.

Gmod Junk Planetbase

SLAM BUMP!!!

I've built something new in Gmod. It's a junky planetary base. No captions this time, I'm too lazy.

jsb1.JPG

jsb2.JPG

jsb3.JPG

jsb4.JPG

jsb5.JPG

jsb6.JPG

jsb7.JPG

jsb8.JPG

jsb9.JPG

jsb10.JPG

This is probably never going to get finished, just like so many of my gmod projects.

Well, the end of summer is coming up. I'm going to work on my N64p of course. Also I'm going to write a bit and waste a lot of time. But I've also got another flash coming...

Back