Retro Studio's new game....What will it be?

Tchay

Frequent Poster
So Retro Studios has been working on a top secret game for 3 years. They are, apparently, going to unveil this game in the "not so distant future". What do you think it will be?

I, personally, cannot express how badly I NEED it to be a metroid game. I feel so metroid deprived it is not even funny. And nintendo did not even acknowledge the 25th anniversary of Metroid, and that just pissed me off.

But I also don't want to get my hopes up.

Personally, I'd rather it not be a Metroid game. Retro breathed a breath of fresh air into the Metroid franchise already, and I'd like to see what new takes they have on Nintendo's other franchises. Star Fox could use a new look. Kid Icarus could use a new console iteration. If Kirby and Mario hadn't had platformers come out so recently, I wouldn't mind seeing what new ideas they could bring to those franchises. I'm also curious as to what they could do with an original IP.

Regardless of the route they take, I'm sure it'll be a great game.

They said it was something everyone really wanted to see, so most likely Metroid.

Mako321 said:
Maybe they'll just murder team ninja, that'd be quite nice.
Am I the only one that enjoyed Other M? The whole "The Baby" thing was pretty annoying in the beginning, but it pressed forward beyond that. Wasn't a perfect game, but I thought it had a lot of good things to offer the franchise.

I enjoyed it, as did my friends. I think as long as you can separate it from the rest of the franchise you'll like it, but if you can't it won't fit in with what you consider a Metroid game.

Zero said:
I enjoyed it, as did my friends. I think as long as you can separate it from the rest of the franchise you'll like it, but if you can't it won't fit in with what you consider a Metroid game.
It was a bad game and a horrible metroid game.

Back