Reset

bud

DAT ASS
Okay, I'm having a bit of difficulty understanding how the reset function works on the n64. I have heard that is just breaking the connection on the 3.3v line. I'm not entirely sure whether this is true or not, because of that trace coming from pin 27 on the PIF. See, I know my commissioner bought a 64Drive and for the save function to work properly, you have to use the reset button or else the save data won't get written. I was planning on using a simple tact switch for the reset. So if someone could help me understand how the reset button works, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I was grabbing my multimeter and gamebit when I realized I havent got an n64 at the moment. So much for that then.

If I have time this week, I'll test it on a oscilloscope at my work for you. I doubt it's a simple tact switch but it could be.

Just checked with my multimeter and sam's N64 ::3: Looks like pin 27 gets grounded when it's pressed down. Is that a power pin for the PIF?

Yeah, AFAICT the reset does not simply cut power. I figured out the PIF chip reset while reading Bacteria's guide. He says to bypass one of the connections, which doesn't do flax because all the switch does is pull the pin low anyway. Checking an N64, yeah, TB is right. You should ground pin 27 to reset, though you should probably test it before finishing a project with that installed.

budnespid said:
Yep, a tact between pin 27 and ground sure enough resets it. Thanks pervert

For some reason, this sounded extremely wrong when I read it just now.

Back