Quick Question about comission rates

ShockSlayer said:
Obviously us. We don't have to sell it if we don't want to.

Besides, there isn't a market, there are buyers.

SS

:rofl:

Um no SS. You taken economics by chance? If not, then I will cut you a break.

Here's a question:

Does anybody think I could get my QUAD 64 sold faster and/ or for more $$$ if I sell it buy it now on eBay with immediate payment?

Basement_Modder said:
Here's a question:

Does anybody think I could get my QUAD 64 sold faster and/ or for more $$$ if I sell it buy it now on eBay with immediate payment?

Make a second youtube video about selling it and I'll make a new video with a link to it and that'll be 673 subscribers/potential buyers seeing it.

SS

An NOACp for $100 is insane cheap. Figure, $20 for NOAC, $30 for 3.5" screen, $15 for case, $30 for batteries (that's very low btw), and $10 for general parts, and you're already over the pricetag.

$200-$250 is more like it.

snowpenguin said:
An NOACp for $100 is insane cheap. Figure, $20 for NOAC, $30 for 3.5" screen, $15 for case, $30 for batteries (that's very low btw), and $10 for general parts, and you're already over the pricetag.

I'd say $300 if its a good NOACp, and $350 if it uses original NES hardware, yet still cut down a bunch and looks good.

The way people make money on these things is mainly on the cosmetics. The difference 2 hours of sanding, 2 more coats of paint, and good clearcoat makes is upwards of $100-250-ish. In the words of Ben, "I know how to lady it up and make it look pretty. If its functional, but looks like crap, people lose interest. If its awesome looking in addition to being functional, people will love it."
[/horriblyoffthetopofmyheadandmostlikelynotentirelyaccuratequote]

2 hours of sanding lol?

I spent 8+ hours sanding mine a week ago and it still doesn't look terribly wonderful. I mean, it's not BAD, but it's not perfect like Hail's either.

I also applied 6 coats of each primer, paint, and clearcoat, so some of the small spaces got filled.

so far, i have a 750$ offer on my SNES-p (he offered 10k, i said 500$, he said 750$), and a 1000$ offer for an n64-p. (though if i do that i will sell it to him for parts cost [best friend])

so, really, its whatever people want to pay. people who have some nostalgia for the system will pay a fluxton, others wont. supply and demand plays a roll too, but not as much in these circles.

also, i will be making a genesis 2 portable with my prize from the donation drive and selling it for the forums (every dollar above parts cost goes to MR), so hopefully that will sell slighty higher than average (though i doubt it)

Back