Split F47 into two forums?

• Yes, sounds like a plan!

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • No, I like it the way it is.

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have an OMGSPAMTIME board as a subsection, one that doesn't give you post count?

I think we should split it the just for fun stuff from the sorta useful stuff.

And I like Antome's idea, it would keep us from seeming like social rejects to the guests.

Oh and the useless stuff should not give you post count.

Thats just my opinion.

In my opinion, it's a pointless addition; "Forum 47" in general is spammy, useless stuff, splitting it into two sections won't change much, it'll still be spammy.

This is a modding forum. 9/10th of the threads in F47 can't really even be related to modding. :p

SS

J.D said:
Pointless spam should just be locked and deleted. Done.

Hey. *Can'tSayThisOnTV* you. General Discussion and Random Crap are perfectly reasonable categories.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I offended you. *tear*

J.D said:
Pointless spam should just be locked and deleted. Done.
No way. It'll take all the fun out of the forums. Out of all 580ish members here, how many actually mod things?

Yeah, I know. But out of the active members on here, let's say 50 of us, how many people actually talk about projects all the time? Probably more than half of Modretro's activities take place in Forum 47 and the Trading post.

Not saying we should get rid of the spam or anything, because some of us are here to (mostly) socialize and have fun. There's gotta be something else to do when your motherboards fry. :lol:

Here is how I am leaning (not final):

1. Forum 47 becomes "Forum 47 - General Discussion".

This makes it's purpose clear, and lets us keep our heritage.

2. Make a new spam/blogging board. Spamalot works, better ideas?

Post count is not affected by posts in this forum. It means that you actually need to be a helpful, active member in the "real" sections to get a high post count. Rules apply somewhat, but blogging and spam will be more heartily tolerated. Make this forum visible only to members, perhaps with a post count limit, as well? Say, 100 posts? Keeps it limited to "legit" members.

Thoughts?

"Rules apply somewhat, but blogging and spam will be more heartily tolerated."

Heartily tolerated...XD

I think we tolerate spam and junk like that more than any other forum I've been on. XD

SS

PalmerTech said:

Post count is not affected by posts in this forum. It means that you actually need to be a helpful, active member in the "real" sections to get a high post count. Rules apply somewhat, but blogging and spam will be more heartily tolerated. Make this forum visible only to members, perhaps with a post count limit, as well? Say, 100 posts? Keeps it limited to "legit" members.

Thoughts?
I like the idea. I fail to see a problem with it. :) And according to the polls most people want the spam and the 47 separated.

PalmerTech said:

Thoughts?
My thoughts exactly :awesome:

I say it's a good idea, in theory, but in practice, maybe not. First, where is the line drawn between spam and legit discussion? What if a thread becomes spammy, or becomes non-spammy? Secondly, the 100 post requirement is a bad idea. It just means that noobs are going to spam other forums. Last, and probably least, we barely use the forums we have. Why add another forum to confuse things?

Where a topic belongs should hopefully be made clear in the rules, but topics can easily be moved by mods if they're in the wrong section, as before. If a topic gets derailed beyond repair, it can be moved to Spamalot at the mods' discretion.

We've already discussed this in the chat, but I believe a ModRetro Hall Of Fame is in the works.

I have also considered a section just for locked threads, maybe just the really, really memorable ones. Maybe next year, at this point, we have no need.

But yes, a Hall Of Fame is in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back