Votes: 31 73.8%
  • No, I like it the way it is.

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

βeta

ModRetro Legend
There are two kinds of threads in Forum 47.
The useful discussions of general things that don't belong anywhere else, like vidja games and news and stuff. Then there are threads like FUNNAH PICTCHAS and the like.
THESE THINGS ARE VERY DIFFERENT.
So the modly crew was thinking, "HAY, MAYBE WE SHOULD MAKE TWO DIFFERENT FORUMS OR SOMETHING."

So what do you think?

We were thinking of calling them "General Discussion" and "Spamalot" or something.
Of course, Forum 47's name does not necessarily have to change, but we still need suggestions for the name of the proposed new forum.

Vote away, and post your thoughts! Got better names? Let's hear them.

Me likes me some spamalot, but general discussion...... Ew. No idea of any better names for that one though :dah:

Well, I dunno, just sounds kind of bland.

Also reminds me of CyberSteamPortables and the current Bacteria's site.

General Discussion is pretty much the standard name for forums' general discussion boards.

Anywho, vote cast. And I like the name Spamalot.

personally, I'm not a big fan of the name "spamalot". I'd much prefer something like "'tard pit"

I'm not a fan of that. That implies that everyone who posts there is... well...

Besides, Spamalot has the wonderful distinction of being the name of a Monty Python work. That's reason enough, I think.

I don't know if 2 forums would necessarily stop people from posting stuff like that, as the difference might not be clear to new members at first. If we do make a new forum for the more pointless threads, I suggest that post count be disabled for that forum to at least help cut down some of those spamy posts and because those little cutesy forum games and things like birthday threads shouldn't count towards post count anyway.

Yeah, the plan is that posts in "spamalot" will not count toward post count. Guess that just didn't make it into the first post.

If we ban pointless threads we won't need a Spamalot.

I used to moderate for a forum that had a massive spam part of the forum. Terrible management, etc.

If we have spamalot, it'll just syphon spam away from the main forum, and from people's post counts. And if it goes badly, we can always revert to how we have it now with one forum, or ban forum games at some point down the road.

And of course spamalot would have terrible management. It's a thread made entirely FOR spam.

It would be managed just like any other MR board. It would follow the same rules as the other boards for appropriateness and the like, only that's where all the most pointless stuff goes.

I currently moderate a forum with an all-spam board, and it helps the forums quite a lot in terms of neatness having all the junk diverted into one board.

EDIT: Whoa, 1000th post! Woohoo! :D

I think it should be split.
Also, to keep up a good image, make that spam forum invisible to guests.

Good idea.

It's not supposed to be a PURE SPAM BOARD OMG, but more of a "Silly Stuff" board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back