Plan on buying a dsi, fill me in.

oniak

I plan on buying one within the next few days, can anyone give me the "Low down" on the dsi? It will be my first DS(Always wanted one, step dad kinda forced me to get a psp and I hated the games for it, I've always been a nintendo fanboy)
Has the region lockout been bypassed yet? That was a real dick move by nintendo. I'm sure theres ways to pirate games and patch them for us region but I'd prefer not to download games for a ds as I already do that for a few consoles and i'd like to atleast support nintendo....(I can't justify paying 70$+tax for a xbox game. I used to but got tired of it after paying a lot of money for 30+ games).
Anyways yeah. info would be appreciated!
Reccomend some games too.
I plan on getting:
Trauma center
Zelda phantom hourglass
Metroid prime
Lunar knights
I need some good rpgs as well

I played an import from both the UK and Japan, I'm pretty sure there is no lockout.

Get Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, Scribblenauts, New Super Mario Bros, Pokemon HG/SS (when it coems out) and Geometry Wars Galaxies. If you want to be cheap, you can get a flashcart and load a bunch of games on it, or be legit and only put backup games you already own on the flashcart.

DS Zelda sucks, don't get it.

J.D said:
I played an import from both the UK and Japan, I'm pretty sure there is no lockout.

Get Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, Scribblenauts, New Super Mario Bros, Pokemon HG/SS (when it coems out) and Geometry Wars Galaxies. If you want to be cheap, you can get a flashcart and load a bunch of games on it, or be legit and only put backup games you already own on the flashcart.

DS Zelda sucks, don't get it.
Yes, DSi Carts are Region Locked
http://ds.ign.com/articles/102/1027349p1.html

Personally, I would not buy a DSi, but maybe that's because I already have a DS and am happy with it. Definitely get a flashcart though. Once you get one you will wonder how you got by without one. I recommend the M3i Zero, because it got good reviews and I own the predecessor, the M3DS Real and it's great. There is NO WAY to play GBA games on a DSi, but with lameboy you can play GBC and DMG games.

As for games, get Scribblenauts, Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars, Call of Duty 4, and New Super Mario Bros. Those are probably my favorite DS games.

XCVG said:
Personally, I would not buy a DSi, but maybe that's because I already have a DS and am happy with it. Definitely get a flashcart though. Once you get one you will wonder how you got by without one. I recommend the M3i Zero, because it got good reviews and I own the predecessor, the M3DS Real and it's great. There is NO WAY to play GBA games on a DSi, but with lameboy you can play GBC and DMG games.

As for games, get Scribblenauts, Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars, Call of Duty 4, and New Super Mario Bros. Those are probably my favorite DS games.

Dsi only games will be coming out soon though. I plan on getting a flash cart, not necessarily for pirating though...

The only DSi only games right now are download only, and I bet it stays that way. Nintendo will not risk stupid parents buying DSi games for a DS Lite.

Also, DSi carts CAN be region locked, but I doubt they actually do it. Nintendo has NEVER region locked their handhelds, even though they have the ability to.

I say get one, they are fantastic.

PalmerTech said:
The only DSi only games right now are download only, and I bet it stays that way. Nintendo will not risk stupid parents buying DSi games for a DS Lite.

Also, DSi carts CAN be region locked, but I doubt they actually do it. Nintendo has NEVER region locked their handhelds, even though they have the ability to.

I say get one, they are fantastic.
stupid parents will always find a way to be stupid (such as feeding credit-cards to their Wii's Disc-drive.)

Bigger screens are nice, DEFINITELY an improvement over ANY of the other DS's.

The buttons are nice and clicky.

Camera's are a gimmick, but can be somewhat useful if you don't carry around a phone with a camera(I don't have a phone, so win/win there) They are pretty fun, the image editor and stuff is neat to play with.

SD card slot is for pictures and music, and that's about it for now. You can't upload your own photo's to the SD card and view them, which is lame, and the music has to be in a certain format, which isn't mp3, its like, aac or something. You can record sounds and stuff with the mic, which is cool, and you can play around with that and your other music, which is fun too.

Get it.

Also, games are good, I'd reccomend getting a slot 1 flashcart.

PALMER SEND ME THAT Dang FLASHCARD AND STUFF ALREADY XD

SS

Back