Overclocking Question...

Ishmael1010 said:
Well yeah, you do, just wire it into the circuit with the faster one.
Herp, wrong, he has a switch, he can just wire the other crystal to the switch to the one that's in there.

Connection.PNG

note that the kds0114 won't be labeled the same as this is meant for gameboy advance and gameboy colours run on an 8.something mhz to begin with but the switch will still function the same way.

That looks really wrong. It IS wrong, and your bumping an old thread with that diagram that's wrong.

Ishmael1010 said:
That looks really wrong. It IS wrong, and your bumping an old thread with that diagram that's wrong.
No, that works just fine :/

Sources: everybody.

AFAIK it doesn't matter what side you switch as long as you switch one. Crystals are not polarized.

I just did a overclock on my color that lets you switch real time with no crashes (more handy than you would think...), the only thing is that i used 2 toggle switches to do it. my original idea was to put a triple clock but... i dropped my only 4mhz clock on the basement floor and, it got lost forever :cry4: . ill upload a diagram and some pictures if you would like

That would be cool dude, no-crash speed swapping would be handy.

XCVG, I don't think they're polar either, I just meant the V+ and V- points that the crystal was connected to.

Back