Ok here is how we make the best game review site EVER!

epicelite

Frequent Poster
The "review" for each game will be a simple "Y/N" answer question. The page for each game will display the question and the results in %'s out of 100% total.

The one and only question is:
"Did you enjoy this game? [Y/N]"

That is all each "review" page will be, nothing more! :dahroll:

You can't comment, or do anything besides vetoing yes or no! BEST REVIEW SITE EVAR!

Not only should we do that thing, but also include a small summary of the game, just so that the person knows what they're buying.

No.

It gives people very little information about a game. The point of a review is to be informative as well as decisive. That question is also not objective, it's subjective. I hated SMB2, but I know people who like it.

Let me propose the XCVG Review Standard.
-basic information (title, publisher, developer, system, release year, genre)
-1 short overview paragraph
-rated by sound (tentative), graphics, gameplay, story each with a short paragraph
-sound and graphics get a rating out of 5, gameplay and story out of 10
-ratings are added up and then divided down to an out of 10 rating and rounded
-a short paragraph on collectability (availiblity and price) may be provided

I don't like that. I like in-depth reveiws so you know what you are getting. Take for example, a laptop on newegg.com. if it was reviewed like "was the quality good? : Yep." ETc....
Then when you buy it, it will have millions of problems the review would not of addressed. Sure, this is faster, but I like Reviews that are personalized as well. how can we put our personal humor in a little quiz? Quality over Quantity. What we could do is have normal reviews, with this little bit right after as a bottom line, or have a separate area like: Epiclite's 5 second Corner!!!!" Either way, I think it should be a add-on, not a replacement.

Did you like this idea? Y/N Not really
Did you find a way to make it better? Y/N Yea.
Is Shockslayer awesome? Y/N ...Yes? :mrgreen:Yea, he is...

See how it works out? A long, in-depth review, with a quiz at the end. PURE AWESOMNESS :awesome2: :mrgreen:

Yoshilime M.R. said:
I don't like that. I like in-depth reveiws so you know what you are getting. Take for example, a laptop on newegg.com. if it was reviewed like "was the quality good? : Yep." ETc....
Then when you buy it, it will have millions of problems the review would not of addressed. Sure, this is faster, but I like Reviews that are personalized as well. how can we put our personal humor in a little quiz? Quality over Quantity. What we could do is have normal reviews, with this little bit right after as a bottom line, or have a separate area like: Epiclite's 5 second Corner!!!!" Either way, I think it should be a add-on, not a replacement.

See how it works out? A long, in-depth review, with a quiz at the end. PURE AWESOMNESS :awesome2: :mrgreen:
you son of a ........!!!! that was what i was gonna say! how dare you steal my idea!??!??!? :rofl:

samjc3 said:
Yoshilime M.R. said:

you son of a ........!!!! that was what i was gonna say! how dare you steal my idea!??!??!? :rofl:

Lol, which part?

See? so many people agree it's a bad idea.

No the point is this would be for game reviews ONLY!

The problem with most game reviews is they put too much emphasis on the bad and make you not want to buy a perfectly good game.

All I want to know is, is this good or not?

Just so you know, any "review" so lacking in content will be swiftly and decisively rejected.

Back