NY MR Meet-up Blog

And toast. I think we should arrange a CA meet up.

Or, try a meet up for all Modretro members.

snowpenguin said:
That,s never going to happen, lol zeturi.

Sam, meet up with nicole, just don't tell palmer!
hmm, i doubt if i can get away with that. she would dump him for me, and then i would feel all bad and things. :dahroll:

We went and got snacky snacks. I tinned my cart slot. ::3:

DJ took apart his GC and his N64, and he's very happy. He's trying to desolder the cart slot, but he just keeps burning himself.

Bo is dicking around.

Desolder the cart slot? I hope you mean expansion slot. It's much easier to take off the shielding and the slot and then desolder all the pins individually. Still wish I was there. DJ DON'T MAKE A GCp BEFORE ME.

You don't need to desolder the expansion port. :stare: Just bend the pins back and forth until they break off; it takes about 30 seconds.

Mario said:
You don't need to desolder the expansion port. :stare: Just bend the pins back and forth until they break off; it takes about 30 seconds.

I said desolder pins because it makes it much easier to solder to the spots :)

I agree, heat up the spot, shove the wire in, heat up the cable while adding solder(if you want to), done. Other way: Hold wire on spot, heat up, somehow add solder to both ends together.(I do it that way but I think jidan's way is easier)

My method: Rip off ext. slot shielding, rip off plastic, rake finger across all the pins rapidly until they all fall off, solder to pads, done.

Basement_Modder said:
My method: Rip off ext. slot shielding, rip off plastic, rake finger across all the pins rapidly until they all fall off, solder to pads, done.

Mine isn't quite as easy, but it makes it much easier to solder to the connections :) Unless of course you are soldering to the bottom a la hail

Back