NY MR Meet-up Blog

βeta

ModRetro Legend
Good morning ModRetro!

As many of you know, DJ, Bo, and myself are meeting up today to do some portablizin'. Figured some of you would be interested in what's going on, so I'm starting up this thread. We'll be posting pictures, videos, and normal posty-posts here throughout today and tomorrow, so stay tuned!

(Yes, it's technically blogging, but it's also technically a portablizing live feed. ;) )

SO!
Here I am, I got on the train 5 minutes ago and I'm posting this from my seat. I'll either be meeting DJ in the city sometime around 12/1, or going on without him. I've got my briefcase full of parts and my bag full of clothes. I'm excited!

Also, I figured out that I could put the straps of a children's backpack over my briefcase so I don't have to carry both. It's great! My briefcase has a saddlebag!

I'm really bored, can you tell? :o

Want...to...be there.... :cry4:

Well in any case, that sounds fun :) GET YOUR N64 DONE FOOL. Or at least started.

I'm in Grand Central Terminal now. I've got a while to wait. An hour? Maybe two? So I'll probably grab some lunch and go sit in a park somewhere. My iPhone tether is the best thing ever, let it be known to the world. DJ, you better call me as soon as you get out of your ACTs. God Dang, my crap is heavy. It's mostly my laptop, but Dang. I'm not used to hauling this much flax around anymore. BACK IN THE DAY in high school I lugged my briefcase daily. I am blithering. Here's something interesting I guess:

What I got-
4 N64 motherboards
1 Superjoy motherboard
1 PSOne Screen
2 N64 controllers
1 Copy of Super Smash Brothers 64
2 TI Regs
2 7.4v 4400mAh LiPos with circuitry
1 LiPo/Li-ion charger
1 Soldering iron
1 Flux can
1 Solder roll
3 rolls of wire
1 bundle of wire I cut out of a downed telephone line (144 pieces)
A tupperware filled with other crap
An exacto knife and some replacement blades

Uh, that's most of it. Did I forget anything?

Joey can I get a pic of the three gameboys I'm buying? or just the pokemon one.
I can pay at 5pm.

Cool.

Okay, so since I wouldn't get in until 3, I'm going to fart around the city for a while and ride up with DJ, okay?

Dang it tell me about this stuff in the future guys.

I might be free around 3::3:0 in Manhattan. This could work out. I'd be happy to buy an n64 motherboard offa you, and Bo, I could just give you stuff instead of ship.

Back