nm

Re: The perfect amplifier/speakers to go with your small screen.

Wow, at first I thought you were crazy! That is pretty small inside though. Cool!

how much was that you just went and opened?? :rofl:
anyway looks oh so simple lol and the speakers are like a great size fow a mini portable or that
i like man, i like :ninj:

So how loud is it and how does it compare with the psone screen speakers?

bentomo said:
So how loud is it and how does it compare with the psone screen speakers?

It's a lot louder and it sounds a lot better, no bass distortion :)

So if it takes 5 volts do you know what the max voltage is?

bentomo said:
So if it takes 5 volts do you know what the max voltage is?

Not without possibly frying it. LOL

But if anyone wants to send me $25 to buy a new one, I'll sacrifice this one in the name of science :)

Both of those links are bad for me.

But anyway, the prebuilt audio amp we don't know the max voltage of. Because no one is willing to risk frying it. So we're sticking 5 volts.

And to get down to 5 volts, you use a switching regulator, which you have to build. Or the less efficient but easier 7805 regulator.

I'm not sure but I think there is actually a place to get 5 volts off of a N64 board.

What do those two loose wires go to?

Most likely volume buttons since those are integrated into the case and wouldn't come off.

bentomo said:
Both of those links are bad for me.

But anyway, the prebuilt audio amp we don't know the max voltage of. Because no one is willing to risk frying it. So we're sticking 5 volts.

And to get down to 5 volts, you use a switching regulator, which you have to build. Or the less efficient but easier 7805 regulator.

I'm not sure but I think there is actually a place to get 5 volts off of a N64 board.

Bad for you as in, like bad choice? then what do you recommend?

As in they're broken, they won't work for me.

Ok here, il repost them. they work for me.

Alright, so im getting this screen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5-TFT-LCD-for-Car ... 27ae4bbade

And need to have some speakers to it, I looked at that ILUV (5V max) speaker and the DIY (not sure) And im using 2 li-pos (total about 7.4V)

So I need an audio amp (Or speaker/amp combo) that is gonna work with 7.4V.

Anyone got any ideas?

P.S here are the batteries I wanna use, with the charger.

http://www.batteryspace.com/smartcharge ... isted.aspx
Battery X2:
http://www.batteryspace.com/highpowerpo ... arate.aspx

http://www.batteryspace.com/pcbfor74vli ... limit.aspx

XCVG said:
What do those two loose wires go to?

Power.

@QuickScope. Use a simple 7805 to go from 7.5v to 5v. It's $2 and simple and won't get to hot because of such low voltage.

7805, could you link me to it, as I am guessing its a power limiter, and so id connect it between the battery, and the speakers, and still have the SNES running off a 7.5V, while the speakers works at 5V, would that work? then I could have more power to the screen and the SNES.

P.S, I was thinking today, if connected in perrelle, then id have 3.7V, and 2X the amps, would that divide the hours of play

Volts= length of play

Amps=?

QuickSkope said:
7805, could you link me to it, as I am guessing its a power limiter, and so id connect it between the battery, and the speakers, and still have the SNES running off a 7.5V, while the speakers works at 5V, would that work? then I could have more power to the screen and the SNES.

P.S, I was thinking today, if connected in perrelle, then id have 3.7V, and 2X the amps, would that divide the hours of play

Volts= length of play

Amps=?
no. volts= whether it works or not. in this case, since its a snes, you want to wire in series, to get 7.4 volts.
then, wire your batteries straight into a 7805 and run the snes and the audio amp off the 5 volts from there.
then, AMPS= play time. ;)

ahh, so If I wire 2 in series, and 1 parrallel to the 2, I could have more playtime, without killing the Volts over 12V? yay, never thought Science in electricity would ever come in handy at the time, but it did. And then I came here, I should thank my science teacher in like 20 minutes when I get to his class.

I also wired 2 doorbells in my house, YAY its fun to play with electricity (and fire) but they hurt when you screw up :dahroll:

Back