Nintendo Direct stuff (12/18/13)

Re: Nintendo Direct stuff (5/17/13, 7:00 AM PDT)

Nothing exciting, Oracle of Season/Ages is being released on the eShop

Not too much new on the game front (new announcements are being saved for another Nintendo Direct closer to E3) but I was intrigued by the news that they partnered with Best Buy to get game demos out to a hundred locations during E3. Should be interesting to see how that experiment works out.

I know it's not nothing to do with Nintendo Direct, but EA look to have basically pulled all Wii U support.

Kickback said:
I know it's not nothing to do with Nintendo Direct, but EA look to have basically pulled all Wii U support.
June 2011: “We are changing games from a thing that you buy to a place that you go. Nintendo’s next platform has deeper online capabilities and this is an unprecedented partnership between EA and Nintendo.”

Nintendo doesn't adopt Origin for it's online...

May 2013: "No games in development for Wii U"
"Wii U is crap."
"Poor online/store"

Sega seems to be going full-throttle with the WiiU, though.

grossaffe said:
Kickback said:
June 2011: “We are changing games from a thing that you buy to a place that you go. Nintendo’s next platform has deeper online capabilities and this is an unprecedented partnership between EA and Nintendo.”

"Wii U is crap."
"Poor online/store"

Bad news for Ninty tho, EA is satan spawn but a huge dev.

Kickback said:
grossaffe said:
Kickback said:

"Wii U is crap."
"Poor online/store"

Bad news for Ninty tho, EA is satan spawn but a huge dev.
meh, EA never supports Nintendo, so it's hardly anything new.

Slightly off-topic, but I expect us to be constantly playing the new Animal Crossing together one month from now.

Re: Nintendo Direct stuff (8/7/13, 7:00 AM PDT)

New Nintendo Direct coming in this morning focusing on games already announced.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct ... 2-18-2013/
Some new stuff

Hyrule Warriors:
article_post_width_Hyrule_Warriors.JPG

Dr. Luigi:
screen_shot_2013-12-18_at_8.25.20_am.0_cinema_720.0.png

267683-28.jpg

Classic NES levels remixed to give a new experience. They showed Link replacing Mario in the original Donkey Kong game as one of the examples.

Hyrule Warriors looks interesting. I never really played Dynasty Warriors, but I knew like two people who were really into that series. It'll be worth looking into when it comes out.

My kids will eat up the new Kirby game in .2 seconds. Looks like a definite purchase from my wallet. The Hyrule thing game looks cool I guess. I wonder if it'll be online?... New Mario Kart looks boss, I cant wait to play it. Where the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is Metroid prime 4?

Also, I have exactly 1500 Club Nintendo points. I'm totally getting that Luigi figurine/statue thinger.

Ashen said:
My kids will eat up the new Kirby game in .2 seconds. Looks like a definite purchase from my wallet. The Hyrule thing game looks cool I guess. I wonder if it'll be online?... New Mario Kart looks boss, I cant wait to play it. Where the *PLAQUE* is Metroid prime 4?

Also, I have exactly 1500 Club Nintendo points. I'm totally getting that Luigi figurine/statue thinger.
If you want Metroid Prime 4, I assume you want it to be done by Retro Studios. They're finishing up Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, so I wouldn't expect to see Metroid Prime 4 or what ever spiritual successor the Prime series might get for awhile.

That was a disappointment by the way. Retro was hyping up their secret project as "something everyone wants to see us do", and then they reveal another DKC. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad DKC got revived, but it seems like another studio could have handled it and Retro could have done something else.

Yeah I was pretty upset with Retro after that little stunt.

As for Hyrule Warriors, I love Dynasty Warriors games, but I personally think HW looks terrible. I didn't see a lot of attention to detail in the textures/graphical style and the teaser ended in a very crappy way. It's just a teaser though, so maybe they will win me over.

um, this nintendo direct is cool,
what really interests me is Hyrule Warriors.

it's a zelda spinoff themed fighting game, multiplayer (online) i hope
with dynasty warriors stuff.

I'm excited for this, it's an excuse to get a wii u just to play this game, sure it isn't the next new zelda title for the series, but a spinoff alps keep the fan base going until the new title comes around, 2015,2016,2017 etc whenever that is.

also, anyone remember after zelda TP came out for the wii in 2006, nintendo made the zelda spinoff game themed fully on zelda TP universe,
Link's Crossbow training

that used the "wii zapper": attached with the wiimote and numbchuk (inspired from the NES zapper most proablly)

also, anything nintendo makes with zelda themed game, it'll be sure awesome, nintendo's good with making awesome zelda biased and spinoff games, so i think it'll be super.

also, the producer of hyrule warriors is Ejii Anouma, who brought us Link between worlds on 3DS, and that was a super awesome squeal to the 1991 SNES zelda link to the past.

Gamerlolwind said:
also, the producer of hyrule warriors is Ejii Anouma, who brought us Link between worlds on 3DS, and that was a super awesome squeal to the 1991 SNES zelda link to the past.
Aonuma has been working on Zelda since Ocarina of Time.

Oh no, they're adding a Star Fox costume for Bayonetta 2. I guess the furries will be buying this game.

large.jpg

Back