Nintendo Direct stuff (12/18/13)

Re: Wind Waker U HD (and other Nintendo Direct stuff)

Allegedly new Earthbound too; but you know now that goes. :/

wallydawg said:
Allegedly new Earthbound too; but you know now that goes. :/
I believe they're just bringing Earthbound to the virtual console.

That's what I heard.

I'm friggin' stoked for Link to the Past 2. Though I don't think this would happen, I'd love if Nintendo threw a remade Link to the Past into the game as well, so both games were on one cartridge.

I'm not big on the art style of it.
However, Wind Waker has proven that this is no way to judge a game.

ProgMetalMan said:
Yeah, I mean seriously, how is this supposed to be related to A Link to the Past if he doesn't have pink hair?

grossaffe said:
ProgMetalMan said:
Yeah, I mean seriously, how is this supposed to be related to A Link to the Past if he doesn't have pink hair?

thats exactly what I thought, I hope it's a costume like Outset Link

Diminuendo said:
grossaffe said:
ProgMetalMan said:

If not, how long until someone mods the game to implement it?

Actually, why hasn't this mod been done on other Zelda games before?

He wasn't supposed to have pink hair anyway, all the official artwork has him with brownish blonde hair. The pink hair was a result of the color limitations or something iirc.

Link looks stupid af with pink hair.

I still think the Wii U line-up sucks ass personally after seeing some of the announcements.. 3DS may finally get some games I want, guess i'll hold onto it for now.

grossaffe said:
Diminuendo said:
grossaffe said:
ProgMetalMan said:

If not, how long until someone mods the game to implement it?

Actually, why hasn't this mod been done on other Zelda games before?

if you can tell me how to do it in windwaker GC I'd be very happy; the hair seems to be seperate to the rest of Links texture

Kickback said:
Link looks stupid af with pink hair..
you shut your stupid mouth

You seriously gonna try and tell me Link's pink hair is some sort of real design choice and not due to the colour palette limitations of the SNES?

I've never even seen any artwork ever where Link has pink hair

I'm not that excited about the sequel to ALTTP :/

I've played most of the zelda games and I was always much more engrossed in the console games compared to the handheld titles. And I was always more engrossed in the 3D worlds rather than the top-down perspective.

I mean the sequel looks kinda cool, and I loved ALTTP, but I was really hoping for a brand new 3D world on the 3DS, with the scope of OoT. But maybe this would be a conflict of interest for Nintendo to make such a game on their handheld system, while having a brand new zelda game on their console. Maybe Ninty wants the games on the handheld and consoles to be different experiences (that's how its been in the past).

Also, there's the consideration of Majora's Mask. I suppose we are getting the best of both worlds if we are getting a game that is similar to ALTTP along with MM on the 3DS.

Oh and the wall painting link feature looks stupid IMO, but maybe it will be fun in practice :p

If Link's sprite was given blonde hair in LttP, bunny Link would've been yellow, if that puts it more into perspective. Canonically, LttP Link had blonde hair, though.

Anyway, I'm excited to have another classic-styled Zelda game, even if it does take place in a re-used location. I strongly prefer them to the 3D titles.

nterror said:
Anyway, I'm excited to have another classic-styled Zelda game, even if it does take place in a re-used location. I strongly prefer them to the 3D titles.

Pretty much agree with Nterror here. I've always enjoyed the 3d games but the top down ones are way more memorable to me. I could probably draw out all of Koholint, Holdrum or Labrynna by hand if you asked me to.

Also, having a different art style is a Zelda staple at this point, it's part of the whole "retelling the legend" thing.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Also, having a different art style is a Zelda staple at this point, it's part of the whole "retelling the legend" thing.

SS

Yeah that's the part I've been struggling with. By the time I beat a Zelda adventure, I'm so used to the art style that anything different is just unwelcome in my mind. I'm about halfway through Skyward Sword, which has an artstyle that I initially HATED, and I am finally starting to like it's new visuals. I think the only exception is realistic art styles. I tend to favor those.

This actually looks *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome.

Re: Nintendo Direct stuff (5/17/13, 7:00 AM PDT)

New Nintendo Direct coming up in the morning related to Spring/Summer Wii U games

Back