New Router Time! (Need Help finding one)

D.J

The Official Ghost/Reaper of ModRetro
So, my router which is 7-9 years old is dying and is cutting my speed from the day I used my 360 in half. So with the funding of my mom, I'm getting a new one. So, any advice. I need a wireless one with ethernet ports that can handle online gaming.

I was looking at the Cisco linksys Valet Plus Router. My mom wanted something easy and I noticed you could set it up through the use of a usb key. It has four ethernet ports and it looks simply and easy to use and is good for my purposes but because it is fairly new, I can't tell if it has any bugs/glitches.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreaciated. Thanks.

I told you, get a WRT54G, install Tomato or DD-WRT custom firmware on it. It becomes an EPIC router.

Trendnet TEW-632BRP with DD-WRT.

32MB of RAM, a 400Mhz CPU, Wireless Draft-N.

Handles heavy bittorrenting, PS3 gaming (wireless), youtube uploading and normal use.

agreed with the two above something that runs DD-WRT. i use my V3 as a wireless access point right now with DD-WRT on it (running a cisco 3662 rackmount as the home router)

No, it is discontinued, I believe. :( They were clearing them out at my local BB for $35 each a while back.

Back