Need ideas for lulz

Protip: boot from USB HDD/Flash Drive.

Then you have admin access to the entire school network through Ethernet and it's untraceable back to you.

Σigma said:

Then you have admin access to the entire school network through Ethernet and it's untraceable back to you.

Now I have a reason to look forward to school starting. Although I'm not entirely sure what I would do with complete access to the school's network. Could be interesting though. :dah:

Not worth trying anything at my school, seeing as nobody seems to know anything about computers at all. I'd be Dang thankful if any of the computer lab people at my school had even heard of Linux. Also, I've had my name taken down for playing flash Tetris because it "uses up all the bandwidth," which is apparently nonexistent. I'd be pretty stupid to do anything to the school computers lest I get in trouble, no matter how small the crime.

In ninth grade, I used OphCrack to find out the admin password, "tyl3r" (lolwut). I never used it for anything malicious. DeepFreeze had a different password, so that was a no go. It was in my engineering class, however, and we used Autodesk Inventor. To import a texture, you needed admin privileges so it could change the default image editor to MSPaint. As such, nobody could put textures in their projects except for me. I had several people ask me to put textures in their projects for them. :lol:

I think the teacher knew that I had the admin password, but didn't really care because he knew I wouldn't do anything with it.

We also had a "studentshare" folder, which was a network folder that was shared across all the computers in the classroom. That provided some fun times. But, when you go into a file's properties, you can see who made it (and my teacher did bust a few people for putting proxies in there), so when I wanted to put something questionable in there I used the admin account, which shows up as a blank name in the properties.

Fast-forward to eleventh grade of last year. The admin password was changed, so I tried to boot OphCrack again to find it. The BIOS was locked and disabled booting from USB devices. So my friend and I were messing around, trying to guess the BIOS password, when I had a silly idea and decided to try it. I typed "tyl3r", and lo and IGNORE, that was it. This is interesting because this was at a different school entirely (although in the same district). Guess we had the same lame IT guy set up the computers.

So, I partitioned the hard drives and stuck Ubuntu on my and my friend's computer, and set up GRUB to not show the boot selection screen. You'd have to hold a key to get it to boot in to Linux, and we had our own personal passwords on there as well.

Anyway, fun times. I wonder what senior year shall bring us. ::3:

stuntpenguin007 said:
Σigma said:

Now I have a reason to look forward to school starting. Although I'm not entirely sure what I would do with complete access to the school's network. Could be interesting though. :dah:

Anything you can think of :D I can't really do anything though, because I'm almost the only person in my school who could do anything, so they always come after me for anything anyone does... :o

Some guy couldnt be bothered with finding out passwords so he stuck a pencil in the fan.

Just as effective

Only if the idea was to crash the computer. I've always wondered what happens when you flick the 110/220 switch to 220 when the system is running...

Basically the same thing as pulling the plug while it's running.

Plugging it into a 220 outlet while it's switched to 110 is how you cause power supply mischief.

Why are all you kids trying to actively destroy the school computers anyway? All you're going to do is get yourself in trouble. :rolleyes:

I'm more interested in making them more usable. Disable DeepFreeze, give myself admin access, remove some of the shovelware and install things I actually use. Only problem is that I don't know how to do that without getting in trouble. Or at all.

Either use portable apps or a USB boot or pick up a netbook then. All you're going to do by disabling their security and giving yourself administrator access is get your butt kicked off their network.

Back