N64 controller (oem) power draw?

samjc3

#1 Female Member
how many amps does the original nintendo n64 controller draw? also, can it run off 3.7 volts?

P.S., its a wireless n64 controller. (it will be good) :awesome:

I have no clue, but I can say it will be next to nothing. :p The wireless module is the power draining part.

PalmerTech said:
I have no clue, but I can say it will be next to nothing. :p The wireless module is the power draining part.
not really. the wireless module draws like 4 mah x kilobytes per minute at 2 volts, assuming transmitting 500ft, which i wont be. :awesome: i assume the controller just sends numbers out on the data line, not very many kilobytes. so thats like 200 mah at 3.7 volts, per hour, plus what the controller draws. my batteries are 1720 mah, so its a party. :awesome:

I don't know the draw, but a 3.7V 500mAh-1000mAh will probably do you for a looong time.

βeta said:
Build it in, charge it internally.
this. in theory, everything will be able to fit inside the controller with no external modification whatsoever. :awesome:
unfortunantly, im having trouble finding a charge protection circuit for a single 3.7 volt battery :gonk:

OH MY GOD BETA!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUHANKYOU(etc, etc)
those are perfect slightly less mah than the ones i was looking at, but they are 3$, as opposed to 10$, and will be easier to fit in. also, i couldnt find that pcb for the life of me. ordering riht now. this controller should be done by next week. :awesome:

Back