My custom painted Gamecube & SNES controllers.

Poseidon

Hi there.

So, a few months ago a friend and I painted our Gamecube controllers for a super smash club at our college. It was my first attempt at modding anything, and I'm kinda proud of it! Her name is Black-Eyed Susan. She's a nice lady.
SUSAN.jpg

My second mod didn't go as smoothly, but it still looks cute imo. Admittedly, this picture isn't the raddest. There are quite a few tiny specks of dust or whatever, and for whatever reason it looks smudgy on the left side. It's neither dusty nor smudgy in person. Pretty simple mod, but I like the way it came out!
SNES.png

Anyway, yeah!

Looks nice, clean. Nice to see new members that are already productive AND know about grammar.

What're you going to college for? Anything related, or was this just on a whim?

While I'm usually not a fan of painted buttons, I gotta say, that is a really cool looking GC controller. I especially like the gold look, kinda looks like what the opposite of the platinum ones would be.

SS

Hermaphroditus said:
Looks nice, clean. Nice to see new members that are already productive AND know about grammar.

What're you going to college for? Anything related, or was this just on a whim?
Hey, thanks! :>
I'm an art major with an emphasis in illustration. Not really related to my major, but I like to tinker with things.

@ShockSlayer: Thanks, mang! I was pretty iffy on painting the buttons, actually. I guess I was kinda worried about how well they'd hold up when used, but so far there haven't been any issues with chipping or anything.

Did you do a clear coat over the buttons to help prevent some wear? If so, then you probably have a while before anything major happens. But the good thing about painted controllers is that they can always be re-done in the future with a bit of sandpaper and paint.

Back