MR Store...

seanmacdonn

What's gonna be sold in the store? TI regulators? DaftMikes Low Battery Circuit? Portables? Are we going to have order forms for commissions? what else? or is it gonna be like the junkyard's FS threads?

i think it will be screens and consoles mainly. we'll buy bulk bundles and then part em out.

and, so much for:
jleemero said:
You'll be buying things this week

I think it'd be sweet if we had everything you nedded to make a portable. We could have a case section, with bondo, and polycase cases, we could have a power section with some basic batteries, and pcbs from batteryspace.com and TI regulators. Maybe we could try to be a redistributor, so we could buy everything at one place, and not have to worry about how long it takes to ship from batteryspace.

It's absolutely retarded to buy all that stuff and try and resell it, because the money we save on shipping will be overshadowed by the price increase for shipping to the mr store and profit for the mr store.

It will probably be just an organized junkyard, I'm sure there will be some things that modretro will sell like parts, special screwdrivers and modchips. But I'm sure that members will be able to post up their own sales or requests through modretro, for having a record of all the sale information.

Am I right jlee?

You know, reselling normal things like solder, hot glue, totally normal parts you can get anywhere, is really stupid. Stuff we should sell is weird stuff you won't find most places, or kits pertaining to interests.

Twilight Wolf said:
Why not sell that stuff? You would have the convenience of not having to shop somewhere else for it.

It'll cost us more money and time managing it?

Yeah, it'd be nice to get everything you need for your portable in one order, with one shipping cost, arriving all at the same time.

Bibin said:
Twilight Wolf said:
Why not sell that stuff? You would have the convenience of not having to shop somewhere else for it.

Running a store costs money and time as it is. I fail to see how a few extra items would throw a wrench into things. :/

Twilight Wolf said:
Bibin said:
Twilight Wolf said:

Running a store costs money and time as it is. I fail to see how a few extra items would throw a wrench into things. :/

Facepalm.png

You know, instead of just being an unhelpful, facepalming IDE like you always are about everything since you're obviously oh so much more intelligent than I am, would it kill you to perhaps explain what the Heck you're talking about?

Holy flux you piss me off.

doublefacepalmrickerpic.jpg

Okay, okay. Stop it. No need to unnecessarily shoot down ideas before we try them. I'm positive that for some people it would be an incredible convenience to be able to order misc. stuff at the same time as a few uncommon parts, saves on shipping, and you can get everything you need in one simple purchase.

The ModRetro store is going to do everything in it's powers to provide an excellent selection to such a niche community, so once we get everything up, running and going smoothly you can expect the great deals and great service.

SS

Back