MR SC

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
ModRetro South Carolina. Betard and I said that this was the next official place MR would have a meet up, so basically the sequel to MR CT. MR CA? What? Get your head out of the sand, this is fo REALZ. :trollface: That said, if someone just wants to pay for me to roundtrip fly/train to them and we chill at their place, I'm game for that.

Yeah, anyways, I've got a 2 story workstation and budgeted time to waste, so who wants to come down here for a few days and chill/mod/game? I'm not gonna lie, I'm not looking to have 15 people show up, probably only about 5, 6 max, like MR CT was. That's not due to the workstation accommodations, more like my house's available places to sleep, albeit if my brother leaves for a few days, his room could accommodate two people, plus we could probably work in there too, since he's got a bigass table for his paintball stuff.

I can pick you up from the train station or the airport, I actually live pretty close to both, so there's that. And if you'd prefer to drive, I live in a cul-de-sac so you'd have room to park your car if you needed to, can't say we could hold more than two extra cars, seeing as how our family has four taking up all the good space. :p Although, I might be able to get my dad to park two of them at his work or something, I dunno. It's an option.

Basically, we'd have my room, the two levels of the tower, and possibly my garage and my brother's room to work with, which is waaay more space that we had at MR CT. So, lots of room for modding things, we could get stuff done. Plenty of screwdrivers, wrenches, certain types of power tools, etc. Although you should bring whichever tools you specifically want, like soldering irons and such. Otherwise we'd have to go to one of the local Radio Shacks and buy a soldering iron.

As an added plus, a few of the nearby radio shacks have parts bins, and if we really need to go the extra mile, we could maybe make a trip downtown to Wholesale Industrial Electronics. I know they have 3mm white LED's sometimes. Also, we're in somewhat proximity to a food lion and some gas stations, so if we need gratuitous amounts of flaxty energy drinks/powdered donuts to get through all night modding sessions, there's that.

When is this flax? I'm not entirely sure, we'll nail down some dates and all that soon, based on what works for everyone. I was thinking June 23-27, somewhere along those lines I guess. I'll ask Betard what he thinks, he's number one on my guest list. I have to make sure everything is good with my parents first, but I wouldn't be posting this if I didn't think it'd all be cool with them.

Attractions include:
  • Meeting ShockSlayer
    Gratuitous Weaboo swords
    ZNWii appearances
    Flamethrowing goodness
    MR CT portable case relics
    Seeing the Majora's Rock
    WOSHIP sessions
    Ironman armor
    Tower of Power and related fancies
    Getting into shenanigans in the MR cpanel because SS saves all his passwords and doesn't have a master password
    Other dumb flax

Official Guest list
1. Reserved for Beta
2. Reserved for BoFoSho
3. Reserved for D.J

It isn't first come, first serve. It's first come with money, ShockSlayer chooses from there. :awesome:

So yeah, discuss? Let me know if I forgot anything.

My parents want to go on a vacation for summer vaycay and they've already suggested going to Myrtle Beach.
SCORE.
DON'T MAKE IT JUNE THOUGH MY flaxTY SCHOOL DOESN'T END UNTIL THE 28TH JUST CONTOUR TO MY WHIMS WHY DON'T YOU

Methinks June is too soon. I will have my license after ??? sometime this Summer, and I'd be willing to drive down. I need to see what my Summer schedule looks like.

I pretty much only have off 8/21 - 8/29 this summer. Of course, I believe my second summer semester is an online PE class (weight training). So if I were to come, which is purely hypothetical at the moment, though slightly plausible, any time between 7/7 and 8/29 is good.

i dont think you even need a permit if you're 18... at least in washington

ugh i want to go. And I could. I fly for free so it would be so freakin easy.

But each time I leave LA, I have to notify my agent, then make sure its cool with work that I am gone.

They got me by the balls out here. And I already need a week this summer to see family in Ohio. Being gone 2 weeks this summer would piss em off.

MRCA anyone???

And SS, If I hit it big and make lots of moneyz, I'll fly ur ass here.

Back