ModRetro Block Land server (good or bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Inventor

I was thinking of starting a dedicated block land server for MR. I want to know if it's a good or bad idea. I realize that people play mine craft but I've had Block land for a few years now and don't really want to spend more money on things i don't need. So?

Minecraft is $22. I don't get how you don't want to buy it. I'm not sure anyone who has minecraft would play this, sounds like you have to buy it. You know, I don't want to spend money on something I don't need, so.

It's actually $2 less than minecraft. not like that matters but again I've had Block Land for almost two years and I've played the free version of mine craft, I don't find it that fun.

OH NO MINECRAFT IS BETTAR OMG DIFFERENT IS BAD!!!! ONLY $22
Great job, not everyone has to like what you like.

Look I'm a nice guy but to be honest I don't give a crap about what MMOs people here play. All I wanted was people's opinions about my idea, so if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.

Just saying, I don't think anyone is going to buy this so we can all build or whatever together. We have Minecraft for that.

Crazy Inventor said:
Look I'm a nice guy but to be honest I don't give a crap about what MMOs people here play. All I wanted was people's opinions about my idea, so if you have nothing good to say, say nothing.
Don't worry, I was addressing Noah. I'm all for you doing this, but sadly don't own the game.

You can make one if you want. What everyone is saying is that you're the only one that plays Block Land, while everyone else plays Minecraft, and it sounds like you think they should switch to Block Land rather than you switch to Minecraft.

I would love to buy minecraft but being 13 I don't own a credit (or debit) card and my parents won't buy it for me. I would also rather save money for parts, because I need a few gamecube controllers. But back on topic, I don't think I'll run this anyways. For two reason, 1) Not everyone here plays this and 2) I just finished upgrading a computer I hand built and despite it's fantastic speed I can't leave it running every day for like 2 weeks straight, it would just fail.

I looked at the game and I like it better then minecraft but I cant afford it right now (In terms of time, not cash sadly)
But you have shotguns, cars, things to blow up. Wish I had know about this before minecraft

Crazy Inventor said:
I would love to buy minecraft but being 13 I don't own a credit (or debit) card and my parents won't buy it for me. I would also rather save money for parts, because I need a few gamecube controllers. But back on topic, I don't think I'll run this anyways. For two reason, 1) Not everyone here plays this and 2) I just finished upgrading a computer I hand built and despite it's fantastic speed I can't leave it running every day for like 2 weeks straight, it would just fail.

If you don't have $22 for Minecraft, how will you afford to run a dedicated Blockland server? :p It looks like an interesting game, just seems like an odd allocation of resources. Seems like a dedicated Blockland server would be even more expensive!

I've had block land since christmas of '09. And running a server if free, dedicated or not. Also at the time I had no idea the mine craft even existed.

Oh, I see. So I guess it is just a group, basically? Running a server would, you know, imply running an actual server account. :p

Do you have cash? You could go to most local stores and buy a prepaid Visa card, and use that to buy Minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back