Math problem-Algebra II

designer noob

I know this is really random, but I can't figure this one out. So, I am hoping you guys can help.

A pet store receives a shipment of pet foods at the beginning of each month. Over a three month period, the store received 1700 pounds of dog food, 1165 pouds of cat food, and 365 pounds of bird seed. Write and solve a system of equations to find the number of pounds of pet food in each of the three shipments.

Pet food:........... 1st shipment ........... 2nd shipment ........... 3rd shipment
Dog food:...................... 60%........... ........... ........... 50% ........... ........... ........... 50%
Cat food:...................... 25%........... ........... ........... 35% ........... ........... ........... 45%
bird food:...................... 15% ........... ........... ........... 15% ........... ........... ........... 5%

I already know how to solve the math problem, once I get the three equations, but I can figure them out. So, pretty much if any one could figure out what the three equations are.

lol, if I can't figure out a math in like 10minutes of trying its not worth the time.

I tried finding the math problem on the internet, but its not there.

I would go post this on a math forum, but that would require 4minutes to setup a account.

Sorry, I've just never liked math. I always hate it because mentally, you find the answer, but the teachers want everything written out.

zeturi said:
Sorry, I've just never liked math. I always hate it because mentally, you find the answer, but the teachers want everything written out.

+1

I'd help you, but I don't feel like doing math right now. Plus I don't know how to solve the problem and I would probably screw it up.

Back