Lets make this forum a taptalk!

Basement_Modder

He who mods in thy basement.
Hint, hint Jelly...

Its a $3.00 app for android and iOS that makes browsing forums faster for mobile devices.

You can install it like this-

Code:
phpBB - Installation

Place the zip package at the root of your forum system.
Unzip the package. You should see a directory called "mobiquo" inside your forum system root directory. For example, if your forum URL is http://www.mysite.com/forum, it should be placed at http://www.mysite.com/forum/mobiquo/.
Edit the file /<phpBB3_root>/styles/{YOUR_STYLE}/template/overall_footer.html
Search in this file:

--------------------

</body>
</html>

--------------------

Insert the following line above them

------------------------------------------------------------------

<script type="text/javascript" src="mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script>

------------------------------------------------------------------

Purge the forum cache by logging in to the administration panel, find "Resynchronize or reset statistics" in the "General" section, click "Purge the cache".
Continue to next step

"So how do I know if I installed properly?" - As soon as you added your forum information here, a simple tool is provided to verify your installation. If it doesn't appear to be working properly, you can post your problem at Community Forum and we will assist you any problem that you might have.

When I saw benheck got this I immediately thought we should get one, too!

So who all would use this if we had it?

There was already a thread for this, and nothing came of it.

$3 oh horror of horrors. :gonk:

The server-side plugin and read-only client are free.

Zero said:
There was already a thread for this, and nothing came of it.
The difference is that this tread cuts straight to the point of "Here is how you do it, it's almost a whole line of code" rather than just saying you should figure it out. Makes is significantly easier for jlee.

Because $3 is bloody expensive. I could buy a whole Big Mac for that! :dah:

It doesn't cost anything to set it up server-side, you do not have to buy anything to make the server run. Why not do it? It only takes about 5 minutes to set the thing up.

Not everybody is a high school sophomore with no money. :p

For one, big does not equal good. Reno is a flax place to live for many reasons, not the least of which being that nobody is hiring. My dad's been out of work since April and he's still looking for a job because there's just nothing out there.

For another thing, I'd have to seriously rearrange my time, and that's too big of a pain while I'm still being schooled at home -- not just for me, either.

Probably later in the year once school is out I can start looking for something. I have a car and a driver's license now, at least.

If you don't want to buy a $3 app, that's fine. However, that's no reason to deny it for everyone. At least a few other members already have the app, the server-side plugin is free, it doesn't block portable devices from connecting to the forums with web browsers, and it takes maybe 5 minutes to set up.

There is no cost to this beyond the time it takes to edit overall_footer.html.

Well, I just wouldn't use it because it costs money. :p

I did misread stuff, though -- if it's free to set up, I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.

Back