Laptop batteries

when you buy replacement laptop batteries do they usually come with a charging jack (the socket) of some type or do you have to buy that separately

if so how would one find a charging jack for a specific laptop battery

if I do have to find a charging jack, how would I implement it

note - I live in the uk so all laptop chargers will have charge protection if I buy from UK sources

The charger is the laptop and its adapter. I think I've seen standalone chargers, but those are probably mainly available for business class laptops. If you must use laptop batteries, I would recommend disassembling them and using just the cells and buy protection circuits and a smart charger.

vskid3 said:
The charger is the laptop and its adapter.
I don't follow, are you saying that the laptop itself contains the means to charge it via the adapter?

vskid3 said:
If you must use laptop batteries, I would recommend disassembling them and using just the cells and buy protection circuits and a smart charger.

1. I heard that disassembling a laptop battery is dangerous? is this true?

2. is it a safe assumption that because the whole pack is 14.8V that each cell is 3.7 and there will be 4 cells per series?

3. Charge protection circuits are in all chargers found in the UK by British standards, does this mean I don't need to buy a protection circuit?

Back