krikzz's cart emulator

hmm..i dont know how i havent heard of these but..u put an sd card into the cartridge and it loads the ROMs from it?

is there any diagrams of how theyre made?.. not that i can make one but..id like to see hiw this is possible :lol:

ed64_b.jpg

ed64_t.jpg

Did you honestly need to quote something RIGHT ABOVE YOU? :stare:

Anyway, neat find. I still can't justify the cost of this though, I'll have to buy one when they cost around $60 or so.

fixd..my bad :oops: but if you think about it..its getting any n64 game all onto one cartridge...all my games cost well over $99 so it pretty worth it.

I'd still like to know if it actually works. I saw marshals flash cart working in front of me pretty darn well at mgc, it was sweet. I'd really like one for myself.

I want to get one of these or something similar that plays n64 games off an sd card. Does anyone know if this will ever be back in stock or someone else who sells them?

Thing is, Marshall's is WAY better. Bunch of built-in support, plus it comes far closer to 'ready to go' than the other one. Somebody on benheck posted a list of why it's better, I think it was in the 'n64' forum in 'cart emulation' thread.

Nice find, I would go with marshall's though. I've been comparing them and marshall's sounds much more reliable. I'm going to buy one once I get some cash :D

After seeing marshallh pop up in my livestream, I decided to take more of a look at this, I've been unintentionally ignoring things going on in the 64 scene right now, what with all the GC scene happenings. :p

Anyways, it's kind of just agreed that marshallh's is the better cart, we've seen him develop it and he's built portables so we know he's a legit guy. That other guy's site looks like it's written in babelfish, I don't know what a "byteswoped" ROM is and I don't know if this "bacup" device can "for play all games." :p Atleast I know "cart not need any extra software for PC"

We're more likely to get a response(and probably a solution) from marshallh if we somehow have a problem with his cart. Sure, the other one uses SD cards, but there are adapters for CF cards that let you use SD cards, and I believe CF cards are slightly faster than SD anyways.

And 99.9% compatibility sounds good and apparently it will be 100% soon, as I read it:

Link83 on BH said:
The 0.01% refers to Jet Force Gemini and Banjo-Tooie which feature extra security measures that check for the presence of the correct CIC multiple times, not just when the game boots. They both use a 6105/7105 CIC, and if they dont find one they will have the following issues:-

- Jet Force Gemini will still boot with the wrong CIC but you won’t be able to run, jump or shoot.

- Banjo-Tooie won’t boot at all (Black screen)

There is a patch already available for Jet Force Gemini which allows it to run normally with the standard 6102/7101 CIC, but there is no patch available for Banjo-Tooie.

marshallh said:
Link83 said:
...Unless of course some elite hacker decides to look into Banjo-Tooie's security :confused::

I gave a certain guy a 64drive and that is no longer a problem ;)

So you can patch one game, and the other one is going to have a patch released I guess, therefore technically 100% compatibility. I think I read something about marshallh's having an NES emulator, with frameskip, but do-able...

Also, his cart could beat the flax out of any other N64 cart, just read his website.
marshall's site said:
-Does it work with a Gameshark?
I actually haven't tested it yet, but I wouldn't recommend it. You might brick your Gameshark.
See? Plain badassery.

If I was ever making another N64 portable then I'd buy marshall's work. In this case, you definitely get what you pay for.

SS

Back