Kindle Fire

Why does everyone compare the Fire to the iPad? The iPad is supposed to be Apple's answer to the netbook: a reasonably powerful device that can do 90% of the usual Internet/Facebook/YouTube/whatever content creation. The Fire is strictly a cheap media consumption device for some web browsing and Facebook but primarily e-books. I think it should be compared to the Nook Color instead, which it wipes the floor with. Leave the iPad to battle with the Xoom and Galaxy Tab; the Fire is a different device that merely shares a form factor. (The "too fat for a smartphone but too small for a major tablet" form factor. :trollface:)

Mako321 said:
Sonyportableizer said:
It seems great, but I just have one question

Is there anyway to figure out what people mean when their cursewords get changed to sega and flaz, etc. Right now im guessing and have no luck deciphering this madness
You can turn off filtering in the User Control Panel. :p
Huzzah! I can read everything unabridged

bic said:
I think it should be compared to the Nook Color instead, which it wipes the floor with.
Only way I can see that the Nook is superior is its MicroSD slot, which is halfway fixed with the cloud storage and such.

AfroLH said:
That doesn't justify it. You are annoying as piss when you Sega about flax CONSTANTLY.

+ ∞

If you have nothing of value to contribute besides complain, then don't post in the thread.

ttsgeb said:
I think this is neat. It has a screen. That is a good quality in an electronic device for reading. It makes things mechanically less complicated, however, I still don't think the whole "E-Reader" thing is quite as good as an actual book.
Also, I don't like the trend of turning said e-readers into multimedia devices like this. IMO, they are for one purpose, reading on, and the e-ink display, and the dedicated purpose are what made it unique. Now it just seems like another ipad competitor, and that's not good. That kind of device, ie a blown up smart phone, should just be left to die off.

I don't even see it as an e-reader tbh, nor would I even be interested at all if that's all it was. I don't see it as an iPad competitor either, its mainly an entry-level tablet with pretty great specs for its league. Tablets may seem gimmicky to some, but they do have their uses, and while there's no way I'm going to spend $500 on one, this one is affordable enough to get and play around with. I was also considering buying Prime for myself anyway, so this seems like a really cool thing to have for a bit more.

Back