DUAL CORE CPU
7" IPS GORILLA GLASS SCREEN
3G AND flax
1 YEAR FREE AMAZON PRIME
ALL YOUR flax CAN BE BACKED UP/STREAMED FROM AMAZON'S CLOUD STORAGE
TOTALLY *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING AWESOME WEB BROWSER WITH HTML5 AND FLASH SUPPORT
CUSTOM ANDROID THAT RUNS REALLY WELL AND LIGHTWEIGHT
ALL FOR $200

ALSO OTHER KINDLE STUFF LIKE THE NEW LOW END ONE FOR $80 BUT WHO GIVES A *Can'tSayThisOnTV* WHEN 200 DOLLAR TABLETS THAT *Can'tSayThisOnTV* OVER THE IPAD 2?

Cheap and high spec'd. It's a nice tablet. Problem is, I want something that can fit in my pocket, and for some reason Samsung still hasn't brought their Galaxy Player line here. Why are tablets getting all the attention? They're not even that useful.

The galaxy players were on woot the other day. Also, not digging the fact that its based on the playbook, and I'd have to put honeycomb on it. Or ICS.

XCVG said:
Cheap and high spec'd. It's a nice tablet. Problem is, I want something that can fit in my pocket, and for some reason Samsung still hasn't brought their Galaxy Player line here. Why are tablets getting all the attention? They're not even that useful.

A lot of people already have smart phones so they don't need something like a Galaxy Player, so they prefer to get a tablet.

Bush said:
The galaxy players were on woot the other day. Also, not digging the fact that its based on the playbook, and I'd have to put honeycomb on it. Or ICS.

I don't see why it being based on the playbook would be a problem, as long as its running Android I don't really care.

It's an issue for me because the playbook is built about as well as the nook color. It's ok, but it's bound to fall apart. How is the CPU compared to Tegra 2?

Nothing has been disclosed so far.
XCVG, have terribad 10 second shoop :stare:
Lyduy.png

I don't find that bad at all, considering I don't really do gaming on this kind of stuff. Just multimedia and the like.

Dual core 1ghz, 512mb, and a pretty good screen is more than amazing for $200. Plus, it might potentially have the free 3G Kindles are known for, and it includes a year of Amazon Prime/Amazon Instant Video (normally $79). Regardless of what its based on, you can't say that's not a Dang good deal.

Bush said:
It's an issue for me because the playbook is built about as well as the nook color. It's ok, but it's bound to fall apart.
They said it felt well built and gave off a quality impression though.

XCVG said:

Do you ever NOT Sega about something?
Jesus christ.

I always Sega about everything. If I don't, other people will anyway.

Ironically, I found out the galaxy players were headed for release not long after that post.

The thing is, I don't see the point in the new round of tablets. They used to have one defining characteristic- a pen digitizer. Touch is fun, but a pen is infinitely more useful for actual work. You can paint or draw or even write with suitable software. In a way, modern tablets are actually a step backwards. Yes, there are special styli that work, but they are not the same. 10.1" tablets are too big for a pocket, even a 7" would need a large pocket. Ladies can put them in their purses, and students backpacks, I suppose. So they lack the portability of smaller devices such as smartphones and PMPs. A netbook isn't that much larger, and is much more useful. Runs Windows (or Linux :trollface: ) and the myriad amounts of applications for it, is much more powerful, and has a keyboard for, you know, typing. I heard someone say tablets are toys (was it my dad? Steve?) and I think he hit the nail right on the head. You can watch movies or read eBooks, even browse the web, but a netbook will be much better for doing most kinds of works.

This is the tablet I want. Huge, heavy, and fantastically expensive, but it looks absolutely lovely.

I'm in a devil's advocate phase right now for some reason.

XCVG said:
I always Sega about everything. If I don't, other people will anyway.

That doesn't justify it. You are annoying as piss when you Sega about flax CONSTANTLY.

Maybe people want toys, XCVG. Tablets are useful, and no they aren't as useful as an netbook, but that's not the point. Its a different experience, and as weak ad netbooks are, I'd rather have a tablet.

XCVG said:
The thing is, I don't see the point in the new round of tablets. They used to have one defining characteristic- a pen digitizer. Touch is fun, but a pen is infinitely more useful for actual work. You can paint or draw or even write with suitable software. In a way, modern tablets are actually a step backwards. Yes, there are special styli that work, but they are not the same. 10.1" tablets are too big for a pocket, even a 7" would need a large pocket. Ladies can put them in their purses, and students backpacks, I suppose. So they lack the portability of smaller devices such as smartphones and PMPs. A netbook isn't that much larger, and is much more useful. Runs Windows (or Linux :trollface: ) and the myriad amounts of applications for it, is much more powerful, and has a keyboard for, you know, typing. I heard someone say tablets are toys (was it my dad? Steve?) and I think he hit the nail right on the head. You can watch movies or read eBooks, even browse the web, but a netbook will be much better for doing most kinds of works.

Then go find a thread about netbooks to post in instead.

God Dang, people. Let's talk about the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Kindle, not have a philosophical debate/flaxfight on tablets.

Here, I'll help out:

I think this is neat. It has a screen. That is a good quality in an electronic device for reading. It makes things mechanically less complicated, however, I still don't think the whole "E-Reader" thing is quite as good as an actual book.
Also, I don't like the trend of turning said e-readers into multimedia devices like this. IMO, they are for one purpose, reading on, and the e-ink display, and the dedicated purpose are what made it unique. Now it just seems like another ipad competitor, and that's not good. That kind of device, ie a blown up smart phone, should just be left to die off.

As a tablet, the Kindle Fire is actually pretty good. Fast processor, Android OS, nice screen, cheap. As an e-book reader, well, that LCD screen is definitely sub-optimal, and the hardware is vast overkill for the task. It seems like they're trying to steal the Nook Color's thunder and go up against all the cheapy tablets that seem to have sprung up overnight.

It seems great, but I just have one question

Is there anyway to figure out what people mean when their cursewords get changed to sega and flaz, etc. Right now im guessing and have no luck deciphering this madness

as XCVG said, the fire seems to have taken a more multimedia route than say, the nook series.

at the moment, the nook touch is still probably the best "ereader", while this seems to be more like a cheap, fully-featured tablet, yet marketed as an ereader.

Sonyportableizer said:
It seems great, but I just have one question

Is there anyway to figure out what people mean when their cursewords get changed to sega and flaz, etc. Right now im guessing and have no luck deciphering this madness
You can turn off filtering in the User Control Panel. :p

Back