ITT Bibin plays with Solid State Drives (SSDs)

Bibin said:
aceboy44 said:
bentomo said:
I want SSDs :cry4:

They are rip-off and don't boost performance that much. I had a OCZ Vertex 64MB cache 120GB and it sucked to be honest....
In other words, you didn't do research and bought something because you like the brad then whined about it.

Actually, when SSD's came out everybody was so excited and talked about how fast and cool they were. I still remember this phrase: "It's like DSL once you upgrade it, you can never go back to dial up".... Really? Sounds like marketing to me..... :eek: and just like that I wasted $420 for an SSD excluding shipping fees :neutral2:

So exactly which part of research I "didn't" do?

Oh I also tried the Intel x25-e 32GB and they were worse.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cO-3j9XLxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qavs5eLp ... re=related

You still think I didn't do my research before trying those 2 SSD's....?

bentomo said:
So exactly which part of that post did you say you "researched" it?

So you don't consider people's reviews as "research" and should focus only on experts opinion even when their opinion is crap....?

So I should ignore everyone here because they are not expert's or don't have a degree in the computer fields (CS, IS, IT, etc.) right?

To respond directly to your question this is what I said:

aceboy44 said:
When SSD's came out everybody was so excited and talked about how fast and cool they were. I still remember this phrase: "It's like DSL once you upgrade it, you can never go back to dial up"

+ the 2 youtube videos I posted in my reply...

You check read/write speeds. Some brands are far superior than others. The stock ssds that ship with netbooks are hardly better than a typical sata laptop drive. However, certain brands are better quality.

zeturi said:
You check read/write speeds. Some brands are far superior than others. The stock ssds that ship with netbooks are hardly better than a typical sata laptop drive. However, certain brands are better quality.

What about the intel x25-e 32GB? I tried that and it was a total joke..... Absolute waste of money :dah:

aceboy44 said:
bentomo said:
So exactly which part of that post did you say you "researched" it?

So you don't consider people's reviews as "research" and should focus only on experts opinion even when their opinion is crap....?

So I should ignore everyone here because they are not expert's or don't have a degree in the computer fields (CS, IS, IT, etc.) right?

To respond directly to your question this is what I said:

aceboy44 said:
When SSD's came out everybody was so excited and talked about how fast and cool they were. I still remember this phrase: "It's like DSL once you upgrade it, you can never go back to dial up"

+ the 2 youtube videos I posted in my reply...
I'm simply talking about your post. You did not once mention that you researched before you bought or read a review. You said before you edited that post, you heard people say it was cool "then just like that" you bought one.

Back