Is This Rare?

Blargaman91

I received two GameCube motherboards recently front "Diamond Life Sales", one of which looks quite peculiar. It is a DOL-001 model, CPU-10, NTSC. But I noticed that the green coating (I don't know what you call it) over all the traces is a very blueish green in comparison to other boards, and it shines a lot more. Also, in the space that is usually empty under the GPU where it looks like a fourth black capacitor should go, there actually is a fourth black capacitor.

dq3sk5.jpg

xe271t.jpg

The color difference may not be too obvious with the bad lighting. Is there anything particularly important about these boards, or are they the same? I just want to know before I start using it.

I don't know, that one looks pretty yellowish green like the normal one I have in the left of my pictures. But it does have the fourth capacitor. From what I can tell, the operation of my board is just like any other IPL v1.0 one. Have you noticed any hardware differences using that board you showed?

No but this is not confirmed working at the moment. I have a cpu 11 in my portable. Very much like what is in Ashen's trimming guide.

Oh well, I'm sure there are countless more verieties that all work the same. I was just intrigued by the stark blueish color.

I can't tell you what differences the boards have (besides their appearances), but I can tell you that it's not very rare. I have 7 gamecubes total, each with a variety of circuit colors and components.

Back