Ipad

Personally, I couldn't justify using higher-resolution apps (Or HD as is the popular term), and then there's the fact that they bump up the price quite a bit for no particular reason in my mind.

Most ipad apps are around $5(Correct me If I'm wrong) and ipod touch? Many of them are free or very cheap and great as such.

To put it simply, I'd rather have an ipod touch/iphone over an ipad firstly for price (Obviously for you that isn't a problem but It would be for me, and I still couldn't justify the price difference) Secondly because it fits somewhere meaningful (as has been said before, the Ipad is too big for your pocket, but not justifiably big enough for your bag in most cases) and lastly because I don't need a high resolution screen that's difficult to hold in most cases. The only reason I would want something 'bigger' would be for reading, and there you could get a jailbroken kindle or something of the sort. To me it's just one of those things in between the smartphone and the netbook that I would really have no use for.

If I had a soft spot for apple stuff, I would probably be more kind in my opinion, but I don't.

My school is thinking about getting an iPad for every student and using them as eBooks because they're cheaper than buying new textbooks.

I've played with ipad's a lot, trying to let them grow on me. Frankly, the haven't. It just seems like a big waste to me. Oversized ipod touch that does less than your current computer can do. Spend your money on something more useful.

I'm only going to use it for music, simple web browsing, and taking online courses.

It seems to suit my needs quite nicely.

On screen keyboard sucks for web browsing and it's kind of uncomfortable to hold. Power cable is prone to fraying and I got shocked by one on display. Awkward and overkill for music. Not sure what you mean by online courses.

Sure, it may be useful for that, but you'd feel stupid if you wanted to do something you can't with it, or that it sucks for. This is like me and my Dreamcast. Man, I feel so *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing stupid still, even though I (finally) have a 360 now. But whatever, your money. It's obvious you really want one. Maybe you'll love it and never look back.

By "online courses" I mean classes I need to graduate.

I will probably get the keyboard dock to solve the typing issue.

samjc3 said:
Zero said:
Except the Dreamcast is awesome.

Yeah, but I spent too much on a new Dreamcast and de-NIB'ed it. Oops.

budnespid said:
By "online courses" I mean classes I need to graduate.

I will probably get the keyboard dock to solve the typing issue.

So you're going to buy a tablet and dock it with a crappy keyboard? Why *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing bother, then?

6362b677_3140_015c.jpg

There's half the web there.

XCVG said:
samjc3 said:
Zero said:
Except the Dreamcast is awesome.

Yeah, but I spent too much on a new Dreamcast and de-NIB'ed it. Oops.
We told you not to do that. Did you listen? NOOOOOO.

Bud, so far, I fail to see anything that youve said you want it for, that a cheaper netbook couldnt do a Heck of a lot better.

Netbook=small ( I can barely function on a regular keyboard as it is) and flaxty.

I will not need half of the stuff it does.

Ipad= entertainment and scholastic purposes.

Back