Ipad

bud

DAT ASS
Should I get one? I have the money to get one and I want some opinions on whether or not I should get one.

If you post make a valid argument instead of just saying "lol no"

Thoughts and opinions appreciated. :)

It's an iPhone, but with a bigger screen and no phone (or is it?). Think of it as a giant iPod touch.

Or you could wait 6 months for Apple to release the next model of iPad. ;)

Just keep that in mind when buying.

budnespid said:
Yes, but I have a hard time coming up with reasons as to why I want one.
Then get one.
You don't have to justify your wants to anyone else.

Of course, if you are on the fence about getting one, I can see why you would want people's opinions.
Personally, I think they are awesome.

I've tried them. In my opinion, pretty meh. For the price of an iPad, you could get a GOOD netbook, like a 1201N or a Wind U230. The iPad is pretty much a giant iPod Touch or iPhone, it even runs iOS. It's not a real tablet in that you CAN'T *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING WRITE ON IT! OSC on a tablet-type device FTL. It's pretty much useless for any sort of real work and doesn't support multitasking. It's too big to fit in a pocket, but a nice size for a man-purse or thrown in a backpack. Kind of awkward to hold, at least at first. Web browser works okay and I think they finally have Flash support. Apps are probably similar to iPod Touch/iPhone. I would never buy one, not for that price. I'd rather have a real, if small, computer.

I have a nearly disposable income. :p

I believe they are doing some sort of OS update in november that will allow multitasking.

Depends. Like XCVG said, you can get a nice netbook for that price. Really, whats the point? It's and ipod touch on steroids, nothing really different. get a netbook and an ipod touch, live happily ever after.

I went to the apple store today to replace my keyboard and mouse, and no lie, i think i saw 5 people buying ipads.

http://www.notionink.in/
Notion Ink Adam. Super awesome screen that allows it to be like E-ink, and still have color.
Dual Core Tegra chip, HDMI out, Capacitive screen, and more.
AAAND Android.
(It's going through FCC certification now, but should be out soon).

I thought it was :awesome: , because it could work as a e-reader too, but whatever floats your boat.

My friend has one. If you have the money, it's definitely worth it. Not just a big Ipod touch. believe me. They release a lot of apps in what they call "HD" which means that instead of playing the pixel-y, grain-y, blown up ipod version, you get the better quality(and sometimes sound) version. Battery life is also excellent.

Yeah, but they're still iPod Touch apps, which isn't always the best.
Let's put it into perspective: It's a big ipod touch with a processor as fast as those found in newer smartphones(Not really, but close enough). It is lacking for something of that size, especially since it's hindered to running on iOS, which is basically like connecting a piece of poop into a usb port and trying to install a fresh windows 7 install from your poop disk. Why would you want to do that? Just get a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing android or windows tablet so you can do stuff.

Hi, I'm a Mac!
And, I'm a PC!
Say, PC. What are you doing over there?
Playing games?
What games?
ALL OF THEM
To explain the mental capacity of apple users:
One girl in my class got an ipad for not getting a D on her report card.(It was Cs)
One girl in my school had her ipod touch stepped on. I think it was a first gen, the screen cracked and she thought it was unusable. When I asked about buying it off her, she at first said 100 and then hesitated to answer.
My friends and I were listening to some daft punk after school, and some retard guy walks up to us. "HEY, THAT MUSIC SUX DOOD. I DON LIKE KLASSICUL ROKK"

yeah.

mako321 said:
Hi, I'm a Mac!
And, I'm a PC!
Playing games?
What games?
ALL OF THEM

That really isn't relevant.

To explain the mental capacity of apple users:
One girl in my class got an ipad for not getting a D on her report card.(It was Cs)
One girl in my school had her ipod touch stepped on. I think it was a first gen, the screen cracked and she thought it was unusable. When I asked about buying it off her, she at first said 100 and then hesitated to answer.
My friends and I were listening to some daft punk after school, and some retard guy walks up to us. "HEY, THAT MUSIC SUX DOOD. I DON LIKE KLASSICUL ROKK"

Bias much?

I'd say wait until the Samsung Galaxy S Tablet comes out, fun fun android action (only 7 inch screeen though).

mako321 said:
Yeah, but they're still iPod Touch apps, which isn't always the best.
Let's put it into perspective: It's a big ipod touch with a processor as fast as those found in newer smartphones(Not really, but close enough). It is lacking for something of that size, especially since it's hindered to running on iOS, which is basically like connecting a piece of poop into a usb port and trying to install a fresh windows 7 install from your poop disk. Why would you want to do that? Just get a Linking android or windows tablet so you can do stuff.

They don't only make HD apps based off of itouch apps. there are alot of apps that aren't even on the regular app store. Also, way to be a *PLINK*-head. If he wants to get an Ipad, he should get one, they're good utilities. Also, the HD games are a lot of fun.

Hi, I'm a Mac!
And, I'm a PC!
Playing games?
What games?
ALL OF THEM

What the heck man? Low blow! Low Blow!
There are a lot of games officially on Mac, Steam makes alot more, and Cider makes 95% of them playabe on a Mac. So guess again. :mrgreen:

Also, DK, I love your sig. :D

Isn't that x86 based Crunchpad/Joojoo thing the same price as an iPad but with Nvidia Ion 2 parts inside? (I think someone got it to run Windows 7...)

I don't see the reason to have an iPad, probably because I own an original Newton MessagePad. It's too big for your pocket but too small to justify its own bag (9.5 by 7.5 by 0.5 inches), so unless you already carry a backpack or manpurse around or you have a hoodie with a big front pocket you're stuck. There's no multitasking, the data plan on the 3G model is expensive, you're stuck with however much storage you originally bought it with, expandability is nil, onscreen keyboards suck, and for the same price you can get either a convertible netbook or a regular netbook with a decent GPU, either of which will have more RAM, far more storage, more expandability, USB ports, and the ability to run real software that you don't have to buy from a limited selection of what the company that made the device allows you to run.

In either case, hold off for a bit. Intel's got a new generation of the Atom processor coming soon, and in their usual fashion Apple will release a new, better, slightly more expensive version of the iPad 3 months after you buy yours.

Don't get me wrong, I like Apple. I just don't like their completely-locked-down consumer electronics environment. (Also the iPad is just a big iPod Touch. Yes it has an HD screen. Doesn't make it any less of a bloated PDA.)

Back