Inverted/awkward screen colors. Help?

avert1

I'm using a psone screen, wired up correctly to an N64. Powering it with 7.4v. Does anyone know why the colors are inverted? Is it a problem with the board or the screen itself?

double check the wiring...and make sure it is getting enough power..im 90% sure that this is an undervoltage problem

on a ps1 screen or most screens yes...anywhere from there to 12V is good...check this wiring diagram to make sure you have everything right:

n64fullwiring.png

image from forums.benheck.com

Ha, when I read the title to this thread I thought you were talking about the new forum theme :p

I'm no expert at modding, but I think you might have misplaced the polarizer or something, I heard that's the common source of inverted screen colors on Game Boys and PSPs, anyways.

Thread can be closed. For others that may have problems like this in the future, the problem was accidental overvoltage.

Spoleyo said:
anywhere from there to 12V is good
NO. 12v is NOT fine. That will blow your screen. The PSOne screen can't take more than 9v, and that's even pushing it.

Mario said:
Spoleyo said:
anywhere from there to 12V is good
NO. 12v is NOT fine. That will blow your screen. The PSOne screen can't take more than 9v, and that's even pushing it.

Exactly. Supplied a little over 9v to my screen by accident, and that's where the inverted colors came from. I'm just lucky I didn't fry it.

Back