Inquiry: Macbook

ToastBucket

tost
My brother's macbook broke and he's about to leave for Germany forever. I'm looking for the cheapest possible option on him getting it replaced. He needs something around the 2007 era. A bit older is ok. It's really just for web browsing and word documents and such, but he doesn't want a powerbook or anything. Does anyone have one lying around somewhere that they'd be willing to sell, or know of a place other than ebay to get cheap ones?

Is a Mac a must? It sounds like he would further ahead to get a small netbook or something similar. Also, why look at getting 5 year old machine? I don't think it would last very long.

PICKM said:
Is a Mac a must? It sounds like he would further ahead to get a small netbook or something similar. Also, why look at getting 5 year old machine? I don't think it would last very long.

Broke, married 22 year old living in Germany and never finished his degree at UCLA. He wants a macbook because he uses/owns a lot of OSX only applications, doesn't want to learn how to use or buy Windows equivalents. Wants an older one because it will be cheaper, plus his model that just broke was an 07 IIRC

ToastBucket said:
DK  said:
Hackintosh?

Too troublesome and would be more expensive than a used macbook.
Complete and utter nonsense. even old macs are horrendously over priced, and hackintosh is free, and very easy to setup; especially nowadays.

He needs a notebook though. Doesn't want a desktop. Last I checked, laptop hackintosh's were a bit of a nuisance. Anyways. It's what he wants, I'm just seeing if anyone has one they don't want. It does not seem as though that's the case so imma look elsewhere. I don't know if he even needs one anymore.

Back