Infinite Bits 09

Zero

ModRetro Legend
Administrator
So is anyone here going to Infinite Bits?

We should make it the equivalent of MGC for those of us that live in the East Coast. I found out about it around July, but I'm kinda late on posting about it. I also found out today that apparently Ben is going to show up too.

Anyway, even if no one is going this year, we can still make plans for next year for anybody that lives near-by.

Miami is NOT east coast. XD

Also, I think a bunch of us live in the NY area. We should do our own thing.

It is east coast :wtf:

As for NY, if it overlaps winter or spring break I would possibly be able to go. My grandparents go to NY almost every year, I'm sure I could tag along with them.

There's a difference between the northern coast of Cuba and the East Coast of the United States :lol:

J.D said:
There's a difference between the northern coast of Cuba and the East Coast of the United States :lol:

A. What's wrong with Cuba?
B. Most people here are 2nd and 3rd generation+, including myself, and we consider ourselves much more American than anything else, its the 1st generation immigrants who you must be referring to. Also, Miami is NOT just Cubans, far from it actually. Its a common misconception that it is, but over the years many more nationalities have gathered here. For example, where I currently live has MANY more people from Colombia and neighboring countries than Cubans, overwhelmingly actually. South Beach itself has many non-hispanic white americans and also has A LOT of ethnic Jews who live there or the surrounding areas. A large amount of Cubans have moved away from Miami in favor of the suburbs and other major US cities, so don't make blind generalizations when you have no idea what you're talking about.

I visited Miami a couple years ago. I know a thing or two about Miami, in addition to having family that lives there.

US_map-East_Coast.png

Straight from Wikipedia. States considered "East Coast" and states considered by some as "East Coast".

J.D said:
I visited Miami a couple years ago. I know a thing or two about Miami, in addition to having family that lives there.

And I've lived here my whole life. I have family in NY, and I've visited NY, but by no means does that make me an expert on it, and I know for a fact the people who live there know much more than me.

βeta said:
US_map-East_Coast.png

Straight from Wikipedia. States considered "East Coast" and states considered by some as "East Coast".

From that same exact article:
Major cities include Washington, New York City, Newark, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Boston, Baltimore, Richmond, Norfolk, Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro, Atlanta, Jacksonville, and Miami. The population of this region, extending from Florida to Maine, is approximately 111,508,688 (about 36% of the country's total population).

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE NORTH IS THE TRUE EAST COAST. You guys are the South. That is your name.

βeta said:
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE NORTH IS THE TRUE EAST COAST. You guys are the South. That is your name.
On the coast, + to the east = East Coast.

South = south of Mason Dixon line, which does not stretch to the coast.

Exactly, grossaffe.

...And JD.. that's *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing offensive, the worst thing you can call a cuban here is a commie. In fact if you knew ANYTHING about politics you would know South Florida is overwhelmingly Republican and center-right, but by all means, please continue to generalize and make an ass out of yourself.

Sorry, but satire doesn't work well at all on a forum, especially when the messages don't leave any indication that it might be satire and can not even be analyzed properly or fails to expose a "serious issue".

Also, :facepalm: at relying on an urban dictionary entry, and one with only one definition at that.

Back