I want mah [s]RGB[/s] S-Video!

Re: I want mah RGB!

Most likely no, and if you use some kind of decoder most likely it will just be composite quality on a screen like that. The color on the small screens isn't that great, and very rarely is it true 640 x 480 resolution.

So RGB wouldn't be worth it on this screen even if I could? and how much of an improvement is S-video? I've never really used it on anything

Does anyone happen to know how to put s video into this thing? I checked out the datasheet and I just don't really know what I'm looking at. :( perhaps bentomo's screen had this chip? I also need to know how to get s-video from the n64.

ToastBucket said:
I also need to know how to get s-video from the n64.
n64video.jpg

Is S-Video just luma and chroma? and if you look at example 2 in the datasheet under example register settings, I think it shows you how to input S-Video into it, although I have no clue what it means. There's also I diagram thingy right below that. If anyone who understands this can tell me what to do or what this means, I would appreciate this. So would XCVG

S-video is luma and chroma. I THINK you just pipe it into the video inputs, but I'm not sure about that.

S video is luma and chroma, and apparently, if you hook them up together, you get composite.(just connecting them or something?)

Back