Homework Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
bentomo said:
There is no proof for creation to a non-christian person

Tell that to the several hundred other religions that have creation stories. ;)

I like to play devils advocate, just so you know. :lol:

Bottom line is that evolution exists, but again, the question is "To what degree". That degree varies vastly, from people who think we started as plankton to people who think we are clones of Adam and Eve. There is lots of evidence across the whole spectrum, conflicting on logical, philosophical, historical and scientific points to varying degrees. Lots of people smarter and less prone to flaming than you have discussed this for decades with no clear winner. Thus, I think we can agree that there is no way this is going to be settled here, and now, by us.

TL;DR? Don't take this down a road that is gonna force me to lock this, back on topic.

I love hearing the crazy evidence to prove creation like the banana theory and watch theory (or whatever they're called). Nothing like a bunch of nutters pretending to be scientists.

If it wasn't used by modern man, the appendix would be lost over time as it wastes energy to build and repair. We won't lose it though due to the lack of intraspecific competition, meaning everyone survives, not just the fittest.

I read somewhere that the appendix might be used to store and replenish beneficial bacteria. The article also said that it's not particularily useful in modern countries, as we have much less dysentry and things like that, and also because we can pick up the bacteria from our environment. But apparently it's useful for people in third world countries, or something like that.

Also, I find it funny how all the crazies criticised Spore for "evolution", where it was really pretty much the opposite.

pLover said:
Palmer and Jidan are right, there is proof that evolution exists and every single part about it makes perfect sense, both in contrast with eachother, and in contrast with the way the world works. There is no question that evolution exists, the question is, as Palmer put it, "To what degree?"

Also, Jidan, the scientists actually now have reason to believe humans and apes evolved from the same ancestors, rather than humans evolving from apes. What reason that is, I have no idea, but whatever :neutral2:

I could understand that if I were to see some scientific evidence, sure.

Fair enough. I don't pretend to understand what makes them think we evolved alongside monkeys, rather than from them, but there must be SOME scientific "proof" to it.

Based on current research and evidence, there is way more proof for evolution then creationism.

I could go on and on about this subject having been raised in a christian school since K5, but I'm going to say my opinion on the subject and then you guys get one last chance to help pLover with his homework or I lock this. Consider it a warning.

In my opinion:

Evolution is retarded because you have no hope. "I die and then....?"
Creationism(Christianity) is actually worth something because it offers time tested truths along with hope/a way for an afterlife, plus a way to live a decent life.

Debating "how we came about" or "why things are they way they are" is retarded because you are not accomplishing anything, other than the spirit of the debate on a sensitive topic, which as usual, ends up with people hating/hurting other people. And even then it's fruitless because each side has some solid proof, but neither side has enough to completely conquer the other, therefore at the end of the debate it's up to the judge, aka you.

What you believe is all that matters.

If anyone want's to talk to me on the subject, please PM me!

Otherwise, get back on topic now, and if you have nothing relevant to add don't post at all, otherwise I will give you a warning on your account.

SS

PalmerTech said:
ShockSlayer said:
I'm not arguing with anyone.

:p

oh_u.jpg

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

I feel like this is my fault, it's a touchy subject for me as well and I didn't even think about how I was going to probably start a flame war. :sweat: I just really hate the theory because it's very destructive.

Sorry about that guys. :sweat:

Anyway plover one simple answer is that just because no one knows for sure what it does, doesn't mean it has no purpose. Humans just assume that we're the most intelligent thing in the universe and we are never wrong, so they assumed the appendix was useless since we didn't think it did anything. But what others have said in the topic is true, recent studies have shown some possible uses. I think it's that anti bacteria one because when some people aren't born with it they're really sick as a child.

I'm actually long done my homework, we can change this to a debate topic.

pLover said:
I'm actually long done my homework, we can change this to a debate topic.

NO_U-KEN.png

Actually, that is a really bad idea.

I have to protect you all from each other's own stupidity, therefore locked.

Also, bentomo, no one blames you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back