Homework Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
Can someone please help me on my homework? I'm supposed to write 250 words about why humans AREN'T evolving to lose the appendix, but I've written all I can think of and it doesn't come close to 250. I don't want any criticism or tips or anything on what I already have, all I want is a few suggestions on some extra points to make.

pLover said:
There are many reasons that the theory of people evolving to lose the appendix isn’t real. First of all, it can’t be true because there’s no reason not to have an appendix. Sure, it would be useful not to be able to get appendicitis. With the new technology, though, we can remove the appendix and appendicitis, meaning that even people who do get appendicitis, as rare as it is, can still survive. The rarity factor and likelihood of survival with appendicitis means there is no reason that anyone who has no appendix to survive any longer or healthier, which rids all cause for evolution. Another possible reason is from something I read. It was a few years ago, and I don’t remember where, but I once read that scientists were finding a possible unknown function the appendix serves in modern times.
This is what I have now, it's only 141 words, so unless you suck at math, you know I need at least another 109, so maybe two or three points to make is good.

Thanks! :D

It serves as being a pain in the ass and it serves as something pointless to talk about.

:awesomejd:

The function of the appendix is currently unknown to scientists, but it is still being studied. Humans haven't evolved to lose the appendix because it must have served a function years ago when humans were evolving from primates. It was suggested by one scientist that long ago, when humans were primates, that the appendix served to digest leaves.

Theres my contribution. 58 words closer.

Actually, I think they've found that it's a producer, or perhaps a storage, of useful bacteria.

Yes, that's what it was. It had to do with bacteria. And J.D and Aususa, no. Not just a random piece of information about the appendix, a reason humans aren't evolving to lose it.

Good thing Modretro got the appendix removed in August, because it certainly didn't store useful Bacteria.

The Appendix also stores random stuff that could be harmful to the intestines - sharper objects like fingernails and stuff like that. Most people who have had them removed were told that there was a lot of stuff like that inside them. Removing your appendix also increases risk of hemorrhoids - so I guess it decreases irritation of the intestines and everything after it in the digestive system.

And by irritation I mean inflammation or, depending on how stupid you are, rips or scratches.

:facepalm: First off, I believe the evolutionary theory is quite retarded in the sense that is just plain bull crap.

And studies have already shown that the appendix is more useful in children because it stores antibodies. Sorry I'm coming off as angry, but talking about these lies like it's fact and trying to have a serious discussion about it just makes me

Airplane-Sick-main_Full.jpg

bentomo said:
:facepalm: First off, I believe the evolutionary theory is quite retarded in the sense that is just plain bull crap.

And studies have already shown that the appendix is more useful in children because it stores antibodies. Sorry I'm coming off as angry, but talking about these lies like it's fact and trying to have a serious discussion about it just makes me

Airplane-Sick-main_Full.jpg
QFT! theres no proof whatsoever that evolution is true, but they spout it like fact. pisses me off to no friggen end. :gonk:

I, personally, believe in (Darwin's) evolutionary theory. I do NOT believe that humans came from monkeys or something, but the whole species coming from other species and survival of the fittest, natural selection, etc is perfectly reasonable.

Palmer and Jidan are right, there is proof that evolution exists and every single part about it makes perfect sense, both in contrast with eachother, and in contrast with the way the world works. There is no question that evolution exists, the question is, as Palmer put it, "To what degree?"

Also, Jidan, the scientists actually now have reason to believe humans and apes evolved from the same ancestors, rather than humans evolving from apes. What reason that is, I have no idea, but whatever :neutral2:

samjc3 said:
QFT! theres no proof whatsoever that evolution is true, but they spout it like fact. pisses me off to no friggen end. :gonk:

That's like going and getting mad about atoms being said as true, lol.

Prove to me evolution doesn't exist.

If you believe in god and that's your thing, prove that to me.

Lots of stuff in the world cannot be proven, and its simply up to you what to believe.

I have a whole bunch of things to say to every single one of those posts. For example there is macro evolution, which is evolution within the same genus. A collie can become a chihuahua through breeding but it's still a dog.

I'm not going to start though. A lot of you aren't even addressing what truth is. So I'm just going to say it.

There is no proof for creation to a non-christian person (I don't really feel like explaining why I worded that either)
And there is no proof for evolution.

snowpenguin said:
samjc3 said:
That's like going and getting mad about atoms being said as true, lol.
Prove to me evolution doesn't exist.
If you believe in god and that's your thing, prove that to me.
Lots of stuff in the world cannot be proven, and its simply up to you what to believe.
For the first time in a long time, I fully agree with snowpenguin.

One more thing:

InBeforeTheLock.gif

Parallel universe and primordial soup theories are enough for me to accept the dawn of creation. :D

However, I am not satisfied with any answers for what created the soup. :cry: Well, I suppose random clumps of fusing hydrogen atoms could've stricken just the right balance in one of these parallel universes, creating the soup.

Hm... I suppose parallel universes answers everything for me then? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back