HELP thred for gamecube's

I was working on my gamecube portable today and when i went to test it one of the pins to the power cord touch what i believe to be a screw :evil2: and now nothing will work not even the fan is it possible that the cord itself shorted please help my circut skills arnt that great

Re: HELP gamecube short

Yeah its probably the cord or inside the adapter...you might have to find another power solution or get a replacement.When it happend to me I wated like a hour and it worked idk why.

well its powering on now and everything seems to work (the laser turns on the disk spins lights on ) but now i get an error if i dont hold the lid closed switch while the loge is devoleping and when it is done if i hold it down i get an error again
Edit:the problem seems to be in the disk drive closed switch because now i only get an error if it is pressed down

I was having problems with my power chord too. After waiting it worked fine.

As for the disc switch, If you think that's the problem remove it. Cut the blue wires connected to it, and solder them together. That way, the disc will automatically start when the system is turned on, regardless of whether or not the drive is closed. If your making a portable, this will also slim it down a little.

The system is only reading the disc when the switch is pressed, so it might be your lens that's giving the error. Try wiping it gently with a q tip.

well i bought a new rev A from my pawn shop (5 bucks :lol: ) i am making a portable so i took it apart while it was apart i popped my disk drive from my old cube off and the old drive works fine on my new cube so im pretty sure the problem is on the mother board on the bright side i have a spare for just about all the other parts

I had this problem for myself FOUR TIMERS, so I own 4 broken GC's now and 1 working.
Be VERY-VERY careful while soldering on the cube. Always check everything 10 times double before connection power.
I even opened a GC adapter once and electrocuted myself... :oops:
Seriously. It hurts.

oh well i was hoping i could revive my cube but i guess not it doesnt matter any more i got a new cube and got my psone screen attached ill be sure to be more careful this time

great im realy freakin pissed i woke up this morning and went to work on my game gamecube but the freaking psone screen wont turn on its all pluged in and i checked it with my multi meter on the power board and on the bottum of the main board and the voltage is right but the screen wont turn on or the back light

itspietime said:
great im realy freakin pissed i woke up this morning and went to work on my game gamecube but the freaking psone screen wont turn on its all pluged in and i checked it with my multi meter on the power board and on the bottum of the main board and the voltage is right but the screen wont turn on or the back light
Try this (credits to Kyo)
The screen won't turn on
file.php

A possible reason for this could be that the fuse is blown. This happens when you input too much voltage into the screen.

If you think your fuse is blown (or if you just can't get your screen to work) bridge the part circled in red. Just put a blob of solder over it. Note that you do not want to input too much voltage into the screen after the fuse is blown, and fuses usually don't blow for no reason, so make sure you're not putting in too much.

Re: HELP psone screen short

thanks i already checked the voltage 7.66 is what i got so i will try this and see if it works

Edit: well i can here the hear the hum of the screen but when when i attach my gamecube nothing shows up on the screen still no back light even if the cube is not attached :wtf: also i noticed my screen doesnt have the to big cylinders (forgot what they are called ) on the right side next to the left speaker would this have anything to do with it

Update: just about gave up on my game cube because of this i decided to give up i briged the second fuse in hope of a mirical and now the back light turns on and the screen works :D so now i need to get some new fuses for it so i dont break the whole thing if this happens again dose any one know where to get some

Re: HELP psone screen short

itspietime said:
Update: just about gave up on my game cube because of this i decided to give up i briged the second fuse in hope of a mirical and now the back light turns on and the screen works :D so now i need to get some new fuses for it so i dont break the whole thing if this happens again dose any one know where to get some
Glad to hear it works again! :awesomemario:

Back