Heart Gold, Soul Silver, and hacking the Pokewalker

Re: HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER ARE REALSED IN THE US TODAY

Well psh. I intend on actually going on walks with it :)

Does anyone have two copies, or a friend with a copy? I want to see if you can transfer pokemon with the pokewalker between games. I doubt it because the info stays on the cart (I think), but it'd be amazing if it worked. I'll test it Fri at the earliest when our copies arrive.

Far more interesting to me would be recording the IR signals it puts out during transfer. It is very likely possible to record the signals using a phototransistor, and play them back using an IR LED. Would let you, possibly, clone pokemon.

Jewjo, you can't. First, your pokewalker registers to ONE cart. Second, The pokemon that you send is recorded on your game cart, so even when it isn't connecting it says, "Cyndoquil is on a stroll!" or something. :/

Jidan said:
Jewjo, you can't. First, your pokewalker registers to ONE cart. Second, The pokemon that you send is recorded on your game cart, so even when it isn't connecting it says, "Cyndoquil is on a stroll!" or something. :/
I've read that pokewalkers work on multiple carts from more than one source.
That's what I figured, but I don't know if the pokewalker might get a copy of the data too...? If not, I believe that this rules out Palmer's theory two posts up.

Jewjo said:
Jidan said:
That's what I figured, but I don't know if the pokewalker might get a copy of the data too...? If not, I believe that this rules out Palmer's theory two posts up.

Well, if you can get it to work, let me know. You may be able to copy it, but you'd have to trick the cart into thinking that the pokemon was "back from the stroll"...

Jidan said:
Jewjo said:
Jidan said:

Well, if you can get it to work, let me know. You may be able to copy it, but you'd have to trick the cart into thinking that the pokemon was "back from the stroll"...
Up + Select + R returns the Pokemon to the cart w/o the pokewalker. I just did this today. Unfortunately, I don't know how the pokewalker reacts when you reconnect it, but I assume it would act as if it never had the pokemon in the first place. Whatever happens, we'll know by Friday at least. Probably.

hmm... the prospect of copying the IR signal sounds interesting. I know you can do that with a gameboy color if you have a copy of Mission: Impossible for it.

Jewjo said:
Jidan said:
Jewjo said:
Jidan said:

Up + Select + R returns the Pokemon to the cart w/o the pokewalker. I just did this today. Unfortunately, I don't know how the pokewalker reacts when you reconnect it, but I assume it would act as if it never had the pokemon in the first place. Whatever happens, we'll know by Friday at least. Probably.

I'm assuming that you'll have to reset the Pokewalker once it figures out, "Hey, these don't match."

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*. THE. WMG.

I will be posting a link to dailymotion in a second.

SS

I bought the game today. I can't play it until I get back home from virginia, though. (the ds is there)

Wow... That was just pure awesomeness.

OMFGWUTIDONTEVEN...WOW NICE1 SS!

SS. I usually don't really like your videos. That one was amazing.

Back