Heart Gold, Soul Silver, and hacking the Pokewalker

Re: HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER ARE REALSED IN THE US TODAY

so is someone gonna crack the pokewalker open and look at the insides or are we gonna just shake the Dang thing?

grossaffe said:
so is someone gonna crack the pokewalker open and look at the insides or are we gonna just shake the Dang thing?
Want pics. I can have pics up in about ten minutes ...tomorrow :p if you want. Granted, it's a broken Pokewalker. Ask and I'll try to deliver. Unless, someone else is willing to take better pics.

EDIT: Here are some crummy pictures. http://img25.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=photoon20100314at20053.jpg
My built in webcam is the best camera I have, so the quality is really poor.

Been playing for about 2 hours so far, and I'm really impressed with the game :) Hopefully it keeps mostly true to the original.

Anyway, I will not be opening my PokeWalker. I'm actually going to be using it when I go on walks and stuff.

pokewalker_0.jpg

pokewalker_3.jpg

pokewalker_2.jpg

Oh you cant rapidly shake it. It just wont register anything more rapid than walk/run/jog. Also I think there may be a way to clone with the pokewalker. Im close but not quite there....It always releases the cloned pokemon so far....

so its just a PEDOMETER? why are we interested in this item?

Well I picked up HG and SS me and my friend have been playing with the pokewalker all day. Im going to make a pokewatch with one. I ripped it apart a little while ago still works. also got an awesome video idea.

samjc3 said:
Well I'm assuming it uses the pedometer to affect growth of your pokemon or something. If someone can hack it so its constantly reading movement, you've got easy level-growth... and you can show it off.

grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:
Well I'm assuming it uses the pedometer to affect growth of your pokemon or something. If someone can hack it so its constantly reading movement, you've got easy level-growth... and you can show it off.

Yup, you can level pokemon, find items and get more pokemon with it :) Like BP1 said, it doesn't register rapid motion.

Jidan said:
grossaffe said:
samjc3 said:

Yup, you can level pokemon, find items and get more pokemon with it :) Like BP1 said, it doesn't register rapid motion.
so what? Leave it on overnight. maybe overclock it?

If you find out how it sends the signal that something's happening, maybe hook up a timer chip to it to send that message at a continuing rate.

EVERYTHIN RUNS OF THE STEPS TAKEN ITS BASIALLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUT MORE FEATURES.

After the other Gen. IV games, I wasn't expecting much, but I figured that they might be worth getting. I was pleasantly surprised. I love them! Nintendo pulled them off really well.

A note on the Pokewalker: the pokemon you put in it can only level up once per visit. Sorry.

It's actually cool. You can battle and catch Pokémon on it, find items, and stuff, etc. It's a neat little thing. Plus is gives your Pokémon EXP and it's friendship level gets higher.

And BP1, for the love of God, turn off caps lock.

Yeah, I was disappointed when I figured out that they can only level once. But anyway, I really enjoy the pokewalker. I've been walking around and fooling with it today.

Surely you can just replace the actual movemement sensor with a 555 timer circuit or osscilator to trick the game thing you're constantly moving.

Jewjo said:
A note on the Pokewalker: the pokemon you put in it can only level up once per visit. Sorry.

Even if you can only level up your Pokemon once with it, it would still be helpful for those higher levels when training becomes a Sega.

DK said:
Surely you can just replace the actual movemement sensor with a 555 timer circuit or osscilator to trick the game thing you're constantly moving.

grossaffe said:
If you find out how it sends the signal that something's happening, maybe hook up a timer chip to it to send that message at a continuing rate.

Exactly what I was talking about. no exercise necessary :awesome:

Back