Guys, I need girlfriend help.

Again, I think you're playing on the wrong servers. If you're going to "Derp's House of Herp 24/7 Instaspawn 36 Player 2fort" then yeah, you're gonna run into a bunch of morons. But for whatever reason I've never run into issues.

Of course, you could be an elitist prick and play on servers that block free players, but I prefer not to support such douchebaggery.

Twilight Wolf said:
Of course, you could be an elitist prick and play on servers that block free players, but I prefer not to support such douchebaggery.

Best way to avoid 13 year olds that will probably shout Jolly African American into cheap headsets, though.

Twilight Wolf said:
I really dont get why people think that thats such a bad thing. Its a plugin for private servers, and as such, its up to the server runner to decide who he wants in the server. If that means excluding free players, then thats that. It makes sense to me that F2P players have a higher likelihood of being douchebags, and avoiding that is perfectly within the rights of a pre-free player.

Seriously, the ratio of bad/annoying players to good players is much worse with F2P players. I tend to avoid them easily too T_W (with a few notable exceptions, like a couple days ago for instance), but nobody is an elitist prick by blocking F2P players from their servers, or playing on such a server. They have every right to experience the game how it was when they bought it. People just don't have much faith in people that can't even commit to spending ~$1 for a paid account.

Zero said:
They have every right to experience the game how it was when they bought it.

HATS :stare:

Back in my day there were three balanced weapons per class, there was none of this MMO crafting bullflax, and 2Fort was uphill both ways in the snow!

Aux said:
Zero said:

Back in my day there were three balanced weapons per class, there was none of this MMO crafting bullflax, and 2Fort was uphill both ways in the snow!
And there was walking barefoot.

Aux said:
Zero said:

Are you kidding me? TF2 is still one of the most balanced games out there, and what makes crafting bullflax? I still play with default spy, and I'll whoop anyone's ass anytime of the day xD And hats are not a big deal, really. I only have two hats, and I'm totally cool with that.

Hats I completely understand, but weapons? Pretty much every weapon both adds and takes something away to make sure the game stays properly balanced and playable with stock items. I mean, if they didn't add any weapons or default maps, everyone would just complain that Valve doesn't give a flax about the game, so instead they've at least been hooking us up with free updates, even if it means with he have to deal with hats and such.

I guess you could install something like this though, and maybe see if you can find any vanilla servers that ban new weapons.

Also JD, I prefer the C&D spy. You have to be a bit more patient at times, but the ability to get in deep in their base is worth it.

Back