Guitar Hero and other Rhythm games SUCK.

epicelite

Frequent Poster
I mean you pay like $100 for a game that could be made in FLASH and a plastic guitar.

The entire game boils down to this:
"PUSH BUTTONS AS THEY APPEAR ON SCREEN!"

HOW THE HECK IS THAT FUN?
Yes it has some music, but if it was a GOOD game they would let you add your own songs! No, you have to buy a whole new game to get some more songs.
DLC doesn't count because it is balls.
(anyone who pays for DLC should die in a fire.)

You do NOT get better at a rhythm game, you just memorize what buttons to push. Might as well play simon says with a iPod on.

Also I do not like most RPG's because random encounters make me RAGE! There is almost no skill involved either. :neutral2:

DISCUSS.

PS: Lol when I tried to post this on benheck I got screamed at for "trolling."

:wtf: Your lucky this is the internet, or I would slap you :D

Play Earthbound and Mother 3.
No Random Encounters.

I don't plan on purchasing a guitar hero game, although i do plan on purchasing a controller for cheap and getting a freeware version of guitar hero with plenty of free downloadable songs that I actually listen to.

As for RPGs, just don't play the ones with random encounters. I don't play many RPGs, but I think the only one I've played that did have random encounters was pokemon. No random encounters in Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger.

Why make a topic about ranting? Make a topic about how good something is, so people wont internetSegaslap you.

I mostly agree on GH games. They are worth it if you have FRIENDS to play with, though. ;)

As for RPGs: Chrono Trigger has no random battles. Same with Chrono Cross.

And pokemon has Max Repel, so no random battles if you want. :rolleyes: And games like FF7 Crisis Core HAVE random battles, but only a set number per area; once you do them, you are free for that area. In addition, you cannot "level grind" because there are only so many battles you can do. ;)

Actually there is quite a bit of skill involved. In non-physical games, there isn't any skill besides thinking about things, whereas with a physical game (such as guitar hero or rock band) you have to actually develop skill. Yeah it is just pushing buttons and hitting a strum bar on time, but you need to be able to reach the buttons, press, and depress them quick enough and on time, while pressing another button with your other hand, all while trying to foresee and comprehend what to do next and keeping it to a rhythm. If there were no skill or working up skill to it, then wouldn't everyone start on expert and get bored quickly? It is quite a nice workout for your hands, especially if you play real guitar which involves the same movements. The game obviously requires some skill. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are blown way out of proportion and WAY overrated. Yeah, sure they might be fun to some people, but they aren't nearly as "cool" (thats still the word everyone's using right?) as society builds them up to be - I mean come on, its a freaking video game that could be created in 2 hours. However, I do enjoy playing every now and then unless people are making a big deal of how cool it is, or even worse - How good they are. "I'm the m0st kick a$$est k00list pers0n EVar!! I can pl4y on EXp3rt!!11 HahAhahA no0b!!!1!" <---yeah nobody likes that. The only reason I ever play when someone is talking about how good they are is to not even appear interested and then kick their ass (on the game of course) just to sit back down.

epicelite said:
Try harder, no skill is involved.
I suppose real music only takes minimal skill, right? I mean rhythm and timing aren't skills, so its not like jumping into real music adds all that much compounded difficulty.

Its harder to play guitar than it looks if you've never played before. Otherwise, every guitar player would be tearin it up with killer licks. There is no question about gaining experience to play better.

epicelite said:
"PUSH BUTTONS AS THEY APPEAR ON SCREEN!"
who cares?

epicelite said:
HOW THE HECK IS THAT FUN?
who cares?

epicelite said:
DLC doesn't count because it is balls.
who cares?

epicelite said:
You do NOT get better at a rhythm game, you just memorize what buttons to push
who cares?

epicelite said:
Also I do not like most RPG's because random encounters make me RAGE! There is almost no skill involved either. :neutral2:
who cares?

themadhacker said:
I like dance dance revolution. Anyone remember this game?
Yup, one of my favorites.

@OP If you dont have someone to complain to IRL, don't go about complaining on the internet. We dont want to hear it either. :rolleyes: And besides, who cares what it boils down to? You can say that for any game. Halo for example, all it boils down to is moving a joystick and pressing a button. In fact, in all video games it boils down to just pressing buttons at the right time. You have no argument there.

Those that are saying rhythm games require no skill. They do require skill, hand/eye or foot/eye coordination.(depending on the game ie GH, DDR) as well as RHYTHM. Sadly, some people dont have a concept of rhythm nor do they have enough hand/eye or foot/eye coordination to play some games. Why do you think some people are ust clumsy? They lack coodination.

Killgood, I think you just suck at it. :lol:

I've been playing DJMAX for a year. Sucked at first but very good now. :cool:

Back