gcp batterylife question

Link

hey how long will three 3.7v 4700mah batterys power my gcp since the are wired in series
thanks

Okay I didn't see this thread, my bad. In series you'd have 11.1 volts. Barely enough to run a rev C GC. But if you make a custom reg. then you can use two in parallel and keep on for a spare.

Well voltage is 11.1V. If I recall correctly, Zenloc said
First off let's start with the original regulator. 10.2v is the lowest the board can handle and still work correctly didn't test how high it can go but it can reach above 20v no problem. I have done many tests with a switchable lab power supply and have come to the following conclusions:

10.2v - 1.7 Amps (min) 1.8 Amps (max)
11.1v - 1.5 Amps (min) 1.6 Amps (max)
12.0v - 1.4 Amps (min) 1.5 Amps (max)
14.8v - 1.2 Amps (min) 1.3 Amps (max)

This is with the 12v line of the regulator board connected to sound. If you don't connect 12v and use the 5v line as SS has found out if will slightly up the draw but it has very little effect in actual playing time. So I would just leave it connected to the 12v line.
So 4700 MaH should give you about 6 hours(give or take).

Crazy Inventor said:
Well voltage is 11.1V. If I recall correctly, Zenloc said
First off let's start with the original regulator. 10.2v is the lowest the board can handle and still work correctly didn't test how high it can go but it can reach above 20v no problem. I have done many tests with a switchable lab power supply and have come to the following conclusions:

10.2v - 1.7 Amps (min) 1.8 Amps (max)
11.1v - 1.5 Amps (min) 1.6 Amps (max)
12.0v - 1.4 Amps (min) 1.5 Amps (max)
14.8v - 1.2 Amps (min) 1.3 Amps (max)

This is with the 12v line of the regulator board connected to sound. If you don't connect 12v and use the 5v line as SS has found out if will slightly up the draw but it has very little effect in actual playing time. So I would just leave it connected to the 12v line.
So 4700 MaH should give you about 6 hours(give or take).

No that would be 3 hours.

11.1v = 1.6A
1.6A x 3 hours = 4800 mAh

But with a screen and sound it will be more like 2 hours.

Back