Gameboy Color Recharagable battery mod.

pkmnjunky7

My 2nd Gameboy Color mod. This time I've replaced the AA batteries with a rechargeable battery from a broken SP. This screen in this is also frontlit, but I dont like how it looks with the anti glare sheet so I'll be taking that out tomorrow.

102_0118.jpg

102_0119.jpg

102_0112.jpg

102_0113.jpg

102_0114.jpg

102_0115.jpg

102_0121.jpg

102_0122.jpg

Your screen's not backlit, it's frontlit, but otherwise this is a fairly nice job! It's rare to see someone post an early mod of theirs and know what they are doing :awesome:

are'nt you the guy from benheck that made that sweet looking retro duo srcade cab?

In anycase, nice work on this.

:facepalm: I can't believe I called it backlit... I have had to correct every single person I have showed this to when they refer to it as backlit..

Anyways, Yeah I'm the guy that made the Retro Duo Arcade over at BH.

Edit:

I finished replacing the polycarb (it somehow got an awful smudge on it) and removing the anti glare sheet last night. (I disliked how it looked, yes it eliminated any glare issues, but the trade off was awful contrast...) Anyways, Here are a couple pics of my first gbc next to the one I just finished. (The first one just uses AA batteries)

102_0126.jpg

102_0125.jpg

I'm not quite sure yet. I do know it's better than double As. Ive played them both about the same ammount since I modded them and the one that runs on double As is about to crap out, while the other one is still going strong.

Sorry to hear your AR film did not work, where did you gets yours from? Bibin has used screen protecters, and I think I have suggested those, but I have ballz, so I pull my AR from old dead LCD panels. Most people do an anti-glare mod to get rid of AR film, I do it to GET it! :lol: Might wanna try that, it is a lot thinner, might help with contrast.

It looks really clean, impressive work you have so early on. Keep up the good work! Add a prosound mod jack and a switchable overclock mod, and you have a nearly perfect GBC! :awesome: Can it charge the battery, too, or do you use an SP? I have a circuit that charges single li-ion cells, it works well.

If he makes it overclockable, he is not making it a better GBC but rather a worse one :hand:

PalmerTech said:
Sorry to hear your AR film did not work, where did you gets yours from? Bibin has used screen protecters, and I think I have suggested those, but I have ballz, so I pull my AR from old dead LCD panels. Most people do an anti-glare mod to get rid of AR film, I do it to GET it! :lol: Might wanna try that, it is a lot thinner, might help with contrast.

It looks really clean, impressive work you have so early on. Keep up the good work! Add a prosound mod jack and a switchable overclock mod, and you have a nearly perfect GBC! :awesome: Can it charge the battery, too, or do you use an SP? I have a circuit that charges single li-ion cells, it works well.

Edit: I got mine from some wallet picture windows. The plastic in them was slightly opaque... I have yet to find matte finish screen protectors. I'll check next time I'm at Best buy.

Thanks! I don't have a way to plug it in and charge it so I'm just using the dead SP as a charge station for the batteries. I have like 6 of them so I always have one fully charged. I was going to look into somehow using the power jack to charge the battery...

Bibin said:
If he makes it overclockable, he is not making it a better GBC but rather a worse one :hand:

I agree with Bibin on this one. I don't really see the point of overclocking... I prefer my games at normal speed...

Bibin said:
But...but...teh pokemanz...

Prosound isn't worth it. according to jlee that is.

pkmnjunky7 said:
Edit: I got mine from some wallet picture windows. The plastic in them was slightly opaque... I have yet to find matte finish screen protectors. I'll check next time I'm at Best buy.

I agree with Bibin on this one. I don't really see the point of overclocking... I prefer my games at normal speed...

Just so you know... It is very, very, very unlikely that plastic was anti-glare. :p Believe me, if you can find matte AR screen protectors, it is very much worth it. If you cannot find them, they are dirt cheap on eBay.

As for overclocking... A GBAaccelerator will work, it would be best, but honestly, a simple dual crystal setup is good. Also, POKEMON! :awesome: Makes your games harder, too. You could also do a tri crystal setup, so you could underclock as well.

Bibin said:

Enjoy your bajillion hours of hiking around in Pokemon then :dahroll:

I noticed Crystal Version in the GBC.

2nd Gen. Pokémon > Everything else on the GBC.

I have to ask, what did you use as a charging / protection circuit? I'm not seeing any special wiring or whatnot.

PalmerTech said:
pkmnjunky7 said:

Just so you know... It is very, very, very unlikely that plastic was anti-glare. :p Believe me, if you can find matte AR screen protectors, it is very much worth it. If you cannot find them, they are dirt cheap on eBay.

As for overclocking... A GBAaccelerator will work, it would be best, but honestly, a simple dual crystal setup is good. Also, POKEMON! :awesome: Makes your games harder, too. You could also do a tri crystal setup, so you could underclock as well.
Why would you want to underclock? :confused:

You don't deserve Tetris. I would overclock just to get through the monotony of the low levels.

Bibin said:
I have to ask, what did you use as a charging / protection circuit? I'm not seeing any special wiring or whatnot.
I don't know about pkmnjunky7, but i didnt use any :oops:
And i also just noticed that mine is remarkably similar to his. Same color CGB, same game in it. But mine has the blue battery cover.

Back