FS/T: Thinkpad T40 with (fixable)GPU problems.

epicelite

Frequent Poster
I traded Bibin for it and it worked when he sent it, however it doesn't work now. GPU is fudged up. Not his fault probably due to the fact that UPS trucks get really hot.

I *kind of* fixed it, heating up the GPU with everything else covered with aluminum foil, however it cant even get into the windows loading screen before *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing up.

Also will need a new backlight soon, starts out red/pink but then its normal after a second.

SPECS:
512MB RAM
10GB HDD
Windows XP Pro (Key on bottom)
14.1" (1280X720 I believe)
Original IBM charger
CD drive slot has a extra battery in it.

I have a wireless card for it, however it doesn't support it or some other BS. :neutral2:

Would love a iPod touch 1st gen or something that I can access the internet with.

JUST TAKE IT AWAY BEFORE I MAKE IT WORSE!

Re: FS/T: Thinkpad T40 with GPU problems.

The LCD is XGA, 1024x768.

For the wifi card to work, simply run the No-1802 boot disc and it works perfectly afterwards.

Re: FS/T: Thinkpad T40 with GPU problems.

Bibin said:
The LCD is XGA, 1024x768.

For the wifi card to work, simply run the No-1802 boot disc and it works perfectly afterwards.

Well, it has no CD drive. :dahroll:

I guess if you have an external?

I got bored and took it apart and baked the mobo in the oven and now it works. Guess this can be locked. :neutral2:

Ok well liek, anyone got ANYTHING good?

How about a PSone screen and a 7.2V battery/charger of some kind?

??????????

catsaiyan said:
let me get some trades done and ill see what i have because i want it

what are the prossesing speeds and what ddr is it and what graphic card is it and does it work 100% now?

I dunno, and if it worked I wouldn't say its broken in the original post.

Back